Smiteless Jungle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueJusticee

09-06-2012

i dunno i kinda skipped 4 pages. Just kinda >_> another Tryndamere..*sigh* Haven't met a level headed Trynd yet.

Anyway.. Regardless of smite or no smite. Did you guys catch him say he burns his ignite on wolves(Page 1)? lol? (pro tip, dont do that). He likes the additional 5 AD? Really? If i was going to ditch smite id take a summoner to help snowball a lane not kill wolves "IN UNDER 10 SECONDS!!!" WOOOOAHHH! >_> *sigh* another Trynd.

I think we all have different ideas on what a Junglers purpose is, or maybe just weight things differently. For me. it's not about the ganks, or the cleartime or burning wolves in under 10 seconds? It's about adding pressure to the right lanes. Wether it be snowballing a lane, or supporting a losing lane.

I play Naut and take smite myself when I jungle, This Trynd and i clearly have different styles (and are different roles altogether), but one thing that can't be argued is the importance of Counter jungling (and how much easier it is with smite).

Even on a champ like Nautilus who is a PoS early game and can't 1v1 i think anyone (probably lose to Sejuani). It's a big risk, but it has to be done.

When you gank a lane, you tip the scales more so in that lanes favor. The same can be said if you take Blue away from the enemys' midlane. If your midlane has blue, and theirs doesn't, that can be GG right there. Job done. Focus your efforts elsewhere for awhile.

It also makes life harder on the other jungler perhaps having to cover mid more and then their other lanes don't get assistance. 0 counter ganks, freedom to be play aggresive. It's dominos.

Stealing baron is a huge team boost. Thats just fact. Securing dragon ( 950+ gold to team) hard to argue with. All of this made easier by grabbing smite., it's grabbed for the team, thats what you're there for. (IMO that is, but self admittedly im far from pro)

*Sigh* Trynd's >_>

futuresight23

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlucill View Post
ITT: people hating on OP, and repeating the same thing. OP has few supporters. I agree, if you're a good strong champ that can jungle like those stated, you dont need smite. YES, it can steal, YES, it makes it quicker, YES it has its moments, but so does exhaust, or ignite, or anything else you put in that extra slot. after 40 minutes that smite is useless, and you have 1 summoner spell. grats, you're limiting yourself and hindering your team.
Congrats! By not taking smite you are limiting yourself and hindering your team.

Being able to control your buffs, secure Baron and dragon, if it comes down to it stealing Baron or dragon, those things are more likely to determine who wins a match than being the 4th member of your team with ignite or an extra exhaust.

Not sure about carry jungles anyways. If they don't convert their ganks into kills, they are going to be far enough behind to effectively have no impact on a game. Even if they do, if they get caught out of position or enter team fights at the wrong time, they will evaporate instantly and take away a large amount of damage with them.

Not taking Smite is something that will get people just starting out as junglers in a good deal of trouble, not to mention that knowing how to use Smite is something a jungler needs to learn.

Nesious

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurkenMAN View Post
Very good post. Although i doubt the OP will understand that, nooblet
Whai thank you <3

Artimiris

09-06-2012

My ELO is probably not too impressive compared to some others but I do believe I had a good neutral idea behind this and I'll address both sides.

OP: Using ignite on your camp may give you an advantage but at the same time you may not be able to finish someone off with it in a fight OR maybe you wouldnt even have it. Securing kills is nice but as Trynd and Yi it shouldnt be too hard early on just dodge any CC as best you can. I'd honestly recommend using Surge instead of Ignite if you want that speed to not be dropped so much since surge gives some power and it can probably last you the first wolves/wraiths. I wouldn't know for sure but i feel early on it would be good for jungles and even in ganks you can slow with your mocking shout and surge. This being said you are at a disadvantage of being countered or having a buff stolen, I take shaco with smite I take blue with only boxes and ill go to red and steal it with smite and then Q over baron wall to escape. Smite isn't needed but it would help and if you don't want to use it try to get something to help the team or yourself like teleport or heck even heal may work. As for Yi jungle? His alpha may go off and give that bonus damage but that is only a % chance and its abou 40 at level 1. 40 is good odds but it CAN backfire and hurt you.

Smite junglers: I honestly prefer this better due to smiteless due to the money i can get, if I come in for ANY gank and the lane needs to go back i will try to smite a creep to get the extra money whenever. More money helps with more items and if i have space even some wards. As for being "without a spell" smite does help with other things later on and HOPEFULLY your team is doing well enough you wouldnt NEED ignite or another spell.

Long story short, I respect you for trying to state your point and I'm sorry people give you a hard time, there are problems with not having smite but if it works for your elo then w/e. I constantly experiment with items on champs to find a nice flow since I try to build things to counter my enemies as well as help my champion do something it was designed to for example as hybrid Ezreal I am starting to like a Guinsoo's just because i treat it as a 2nd essence flux and I find that fun. When I do ranked games I keep my builds very strong in AD if I'm the carry but in normals nothing is wrong with trying new things. =)

SilverChampz

09-09-2012

this is..just so dumb.. "jungling without smite is just wandering around jungle and killing monster" you obviously dont fkin understand what jungling is all about.. please quit jungling.. i know many champion can jungle without smite but thats not fkin it.. smite can be use for counter.. to steal dragon/baron and make your jungle lot faster.. no smite = counter for the rest of fkin match.. please understand what jungle is all about.. kill yourself "jungle without smite" guy.. sorry for being rude but smite is just an absolute spell for jungling.. my main position is jungle thats why i mad so badly.. damn..

KnightxSScarlett

09-09-2012

I'd say, "Good job SilverChampz" but because of your poor english, you will probably be accused of being BR and suddenly you'll have no credibility on these boards because of racist murricans.

Flagrock

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineTailedFiend View Post
All these haters. Alright, challenge accepted. Let me see if a few select friends are willing to have a staple ranked team for 5v5's and I'll stick it out as a smiteless jungler. If I do end up maintaining a 60% win rate as such, its obvious I know what the hell Im doing. If I achieve a winning rate higher than that with a positive ratio, then simply said; suck my ass. I'll get back to the lot of you unbeliever kids shortly.
Still waiting for that proof. Lolkinged you and you have yet to play a ranked game with Trynd. Also, your games that you have been playing are 3s with him, so please can we see these stats you speak of.