Whats the point of Runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sheldonslaysome

09-02-2012

So ya i see u can change them and stuff but i never use them and i missing out on not useing it and what is the point of dem and how do i use them

NullAurelian

09-02-2012

Runes (and glyphs, and seals, and quints) are small buffs that you can add to your champions stats. Each one provides a small edge, like a mastery, and will stack with each other. You use them by:

1. Buying them from the store. They can cost as little as one game of IP to a champion's cost in IP. You can only use IP to get runes.
2. You take the runes, and drag them into an appropriate slot on your rune page.
3. You can change/upgrade runes by putting them into the rune combiner.

You aren't really missing anything until level 20, when a player can get tier 3 runes. At that point, many will suggest that you get a few pages of runes for your main champions.

Lord Puppy Fury

09-02-2012

Don't worry about runes until you're level 20 and can buy tier 3 runes.

Runes give you a small boost to your stats. They're primarily useful in the early game, but if you buy runes that scale with level your stat boost will increase as you level up in a match.

Unless you main a champ like Akali who needs a rune page specifically for her, you'll want to build a generic AP and AD rune page with your 2 free rune pages. I use flat armor seals and flat resistance glyphs for both. For AD, I use armor pen marks with damage quints. For AP, I use magic pen marks with AP quints (or I will once I can actually afford to finish building this).

In the store on the home page, there's a tab for runes. Runes can only be bought with IP.

Fs Son0fSilas

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullAurelian View Post
2. You take the runes, and drag them into an appropriate slot on your rune page.
try right clicking

psychorave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

Yeah, make sure not to worry about runes until you are level 20
I suggest saving up as much IP as you can for that point. To go ahead and get runes out of the way.

It's good to look up as well what type of runes you will use. And connect them to your game-style. That way you are not spending aimlessly and regretting it in the future.

PDiddy

09-03-2012

t1 runes are very, very cheap and cost effcient. Although I dont reccomend t2 runes (other than quints) getting t1's is def worth it.