Having trouble picking up how to play certain champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyaine

09-01-2012

Hello everyone! I'm lvl 29 and I rarely get to play about 10 games every 3 months and when I try playing a new champ I suck with them really bad. For some reason I can't play Renekton or Miss Fortune, Gangplank, Leblanc. HELP ME OUT!

LibatiousLemur

09-01-2012

play more often

M0rias

09-01-2012

I would say the biggest thing that you could work on that would apply to all of those champions is to learn how to last hit without using your abilities; only use auto attacks. It's hard to really get a grasp on a champion if you are only playing the game 10 times every 3 months like you say let alone 4 champions. It is true with all champions though that if you can keep a stable and healthy income, you will have the money to be strong.

Xandrina

09-01-2012

There is nothing you can do except practice. If you find that you still can't master it, that playstyle is probably not for you. Solution? Try a different champ!

dogstripper

09-01-2012

you could watch some videos of people playing with those characters on youtube, or spectate a match with those heroes to see if you can learn anything from them.

psychorave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

A great place to check out that has detailed/no boring guides is Mobafire

Just in case if you're great with learning by reading.

It's where I read everyones tips and tricks before trying out a new champion. That way I feel more ready when I go into a team and try to at least pull my weight or more.

Habimaru

09-03-2012

Reading top-rated guides for the champions you intend to try may help a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaine View Post
Hello everyone! I'm lvl 29 and I rarely get to play about 10 games every 3 months and when I try playing a new champ I suck with them really bad. For some reason I can't play Renekton or Miss Fortune, Gangplank, Leblanc. HELP ME OUT!
(Post-Tracking: Habimaru)

TehomCD

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaine View Post
It could be playstyle. Leblanc, Renekton, and Miss Fortune are all lane bullies, which may require you to be much more aggressive than you're comfortable with. Particularly in Leblanc and Renekton's case, if you just farm you'll lose the lane by default in most cases since the enemy will normally outscale you. The problem Renekton and Leblanc normally have is a lot of newer players are attracted to them for their lane dominance, but then aren't really sure how to use it - they don't push for objectives (towers, dragon, buffs, etc) while they have the advantage and/or gank other lanes, so just turn into a liability to their team in the lategame. Some of it could be runes, masteries, or build - if you're not itemizing for their early game, it may be diluting a lot of your advantage.