Simple Solution to escape ELO Hell. Riot Must read.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acras7 View Post
That's pretty much happening with 5v5 normal games. There are people who's opinion is something along the line of "If you're going to feed and troll in game, don't do it on ranked." Also, if there are two ranked sets, What's the point of playing one of the ranked? Will it just be for fun? Because there's already a game type for that. Instead of making a new ranked game type, you'll just be bumping down the "not serious" ranked into the same importance as 5v5. Much like Dobat mentioned earlier, the people who play normal ranked will be subjected to being thought of as lesser.

One ranked is for players with issues who want to play "Serious" Without Bans but with trolls... The only thing stopping Trolls is tribunal but... Still not efficient enough...

Serious ranked - Same as normal ranked but with more things on the line.
Once banned - Player cannot play in "Ranked/Normal/Serious" Only normal.

The Serious ranked is only for those who actually want 0 trolls. It's the only way to get rid of them.

Those will connection issues, Can still play ranked normal just as they are now.

Nothing really changes just another Que section. After a few weeks( I feel 2 months )
Things will work out. People will get into the sections they belong, "Ranked normal , Ranked Serious, Or just plane normal..."

Acras7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by normLmute View Post
One ranked is for players with issues who want to play "Serious" Without Bans but with trolls... The only thing stopping Trolls is tribunal but... Still not efficient enough...

Serious ranked - Same as normal ranked but with more things on the line.
Once banned - Player cannot play in "Ranked/Normal/Serious" Only normal.

The Serious ranked is only for those who actually want 0 trolls. It's the only way to get rid of them.

Those will connection issues, Can still play ranked normal just as they are now.

Nothing really changes just another Que section. After a few weeks( I feel 2 months )
Things will work out. People will get into the sections they belong, "Ranked normal , Ranked Serious, Or just plane normal..."
There is no way to truly get rid of trolls. Even if you thin them out, You won't get rid of them. Make games impossible to play or strike fear into the hearts of players by banning the hell out of them, but League will suffer, I assure you. Instead of separating and making a new system/section, improve on the one you already have. No one will play "regular" ranked because no one wants to play against people with bad connections or trolls. No one will play "serious" ranked because the risk of having a troll or a connection/lag issue in a game is too high. It's essential giving trolls an easier way of screwing with other people. Sure, It might get them a permanent ban, but think of all of the others who will suffer twenty-four hours (at most) worth of waiting because of a minimal problem? The more of those kinds of casualties, the less people will play ranked, which will lead to less people playing overall.

Also, Plain*

Cpt Jaeger

09-01-2012

Quote:
There is no way to truly get rid of trolls. Even if you thin them out, You won't get rid of them. Make games impossible to play or strike fear into the hearts of players by banning the hell out of them, but League will suffer, I assure you. Instead of separating and making a new system/section, improve on the one you already have. No one will play "regular" ranked because no one wants to play against people with bad connections or trolls. No one will play "serious" ranked because the risk of having a troll or a connection/lag issue in a game is too high. It's essential giving trolls an easier way of screwing with other people. Sure, It might get them a permanent ban, but think of all of the others who will suffer twenty-four hours (at most) worth of waiting because of a minimal problem? The more of those kinds of casualties, the less people will play ranked, which will lead to less people playing overall.

Also, Plain*
If no one will play regular ranked for fear of trolls, Then why is Regular ranked still there? People obviously play it?

Also those who do suffer the minimal bans, usually have to wait 3-4 days.. So what is 24 hours? its 48-72 hours less....?

skumbagsyn

09-01-2012

thank god u dont work for riot

PilatesExpert1

09-01-2012

This so called way of getting trolls banned will not single handily get you out of "elo hell". Usually trolling results in like 3% of my losses, at the most. Common reasons for losing that occur more than trolling include: bad team comp, bad communication, and poor play in general.

Banning people on premises that are entirely subjective is ridiculous. "Serious bans", what permits a serious ban? In low elo twisted fate is almost never banned, but in high elo he is almost always banned. Would I get banned for not making a serious ban?

What about people that are just bad at the game and aren't trolling? Will they get banned?

Also looking at it as a business move makes no sense. Banning people for 1 week for banning Taric instead of Kassadin. Why ban people who pay money for your game for playing the game?

Acras7

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by normLmute View Post
If no one will play regular ranked for fear of trolls, Then why is Regular ranked still there? People obviously play it?

Also those who do suffer the minimal bans, usually have to wait 3-4 days.. So what is 24 hours? its 48-72 hours less....?
People play "regular" ranked. If you really believe this "ELO hell" is impossible to surpass, then get four other people you know who aren't trolls. Play and practice. I'm sure it's a much more elegant solution.

The only restriction ranked has is that people with "High ELO" (Otherwise known as people who play exceptionally) are usually paired up with people at their playing ability.

If you start restricting games, people will play less. If you discriminate against people in biased games, you discriminate against people who fall into unfortunate circumstances.

Acras7

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilatesExpert1 View Post
This so called way of getting trolls banned will not single handily get you out of "elo hell". Usually trolling results in like 3% of my losses, at the most. Common reasons for losing that occur more than trolling include: bad team comp, bad communication, and poor play in general.

Banning people on premises that are entirely subjective is ridiculous. "Serious bans", what permits a serious ban? In low elo twisted fate is almost never banned, but in high elo he is almost always banned. Would I get banned for not making a serious ban?

What about people that are just bad at the game and aren't trolling? Will they get banned?

Also looking at it as a business move makes no sense. Banning people for 1 week for banning Taric instead of Kassadin. Why ban people who pay money for your game for playing the game?
Well, there IS a report reason option to choose when someone is an unskilled player.

MarlaMazzyHope

09-01-2012

I think you could just add in ranking statistics to normal mode games and it would achieve pretty much the same result and actually be more simple.

Acras7

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaMazzyHope View Post
I think you could just add in ranking statistics to normal mode games and it would achieve pretty much the same result and actually be more simple.
It sounds like a good idea. Doesn't win score already kinda act like one? You can't raise it from bot matches and custom games, and it counts ranked games too.

MarlaMazzyHope

09-02-2012

Quote:
It sounds like a good idea. Doesn't win score already kinda act like one? You can't raise it from bot matches and custom games, and it counts ranked games too.
Yeah but what's a win total mean by itself? Just time invested really without a qualifier of those totals. Check out a thread I wrote on it after I read this, I think stats would make normal mode games more of a draw for the "casual ranked" player