Simple Solution to escape ELO Hell. Riot Must read.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-01-2012

Simple Solution :

Riot, Here we can see some idea's from players on how to get out of ELO Hell.

3 Game types.

1. Normal Games, Match W. Players, Invite team

2. Ranked Que, Solo/Due - Normal tribunal.

3. Ranked Que - Serious players - Serious bans ( Rage quit 1 week, Troll: With Riot recorded clips: 2 week's, Feeder - 2 weeks,) Note these are bans. from Ranked games only. Normal is still okay to play.


Those are 3 options in the game selection page after clicking "Play".

That way, kids with bad connections, troll's etc. can play ranked.
Kids who want to play Serious can play serious.
Then normal is still normal.
3 Game types.

----
People will now bring up;
Q.1) What if my power goes out?
------------------------------
A.1) Well lots of people can Disconnected Their Ethernet cable, So those who have power outages... I'm sorry but 1 week ban...
------------------------------
Q.2) What if my PC or Mac crashes?
------------------------------
A.2) Again.. Same with Answer 1. 1 Week ban...
------------------------------
Q.3) What If I get an L.O.L. Error bug splat and my games closes?
------------------------------
A.3) Bug splat, Send in Error report , Ban should be lifted within 24 hours. ( Enough time for you to "REPAIR" L.O.L. )
------------------------------
Q.4) What if my Internet provided cancels my internet
.------------------------------
A.4) Well With that.. Players who have bad games would just unplug their internet expecting a non-loss game. Sorry 1 week ban, It's
the same as Rage quitting.
------------------------------
Q.5) What if I lag out?
------------------------------
A.5) Reconnect as quick as possible otherwise its a 1 week ban, People could lie and say I crashed, If no L.O.L Error message, It's not L.O.L's fault.
------------------------------
Q.6) What if... Etc... Please past more questions on scenarios questions I'll answer them.
================================================== ===================================
================================================== ===================================

There are some issues that could cancel the above out, but with Serious ranked / players who want to actually play without QQ's, Ragers, Trollers, or AFKers, this, I believe is the best way. Because It's pretty hard to play a "Free" Game with people who ruin it because they can't play it...


----------------

Some things people might bring up,

Q.) What if someone creates a new account and trolls this ?
------------------------------
A.) Seriously... Who is going to play a new account to hit level 30, To get banned after game 1?
------------------------------
Q.) What if my account gets hacked and someone gets on my account to troll?
------------------------------
A.) Not our problem, You where stupid enough to give away you're information, Download "Cheats..." For L.O.L, That don't exist, or going to a website that you do not trust/ isn't actually L.O.L.com . Be smart.--->leagueoflegends.com<--- and only on the L.O.L Client. Don't share account's or input you're information on other websites.
------------------------------
Q.) What if Someone hacks L.O.L? Again and gets our passwords?
------------------------------
A.) Riot will obviously know through their database what information has been taken, or at least know of a way to know. All accounts will be resolved with that issue.
------------------------------

Those who really want to play to PLAY and not troll will play Serious and have fun.
Those who Troll, well they get what they deserve etc.



Below is something I would like to see! So Riot please Read below
* ***** *

Also would like to toss in an Idea ; Bot games / Customer games against AI's - Rotate Skins, People will see them and want to buy them if they see a bot play them too.


TL;DR: To bad you're going to have to read, no TL;DR


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ATV Rivenroth

Senior Member

09-01-2012

It will just add another way for people to denounce lesser players who don't play 'SERIOUS RANKED' games. There's no reason for this, the current system works fine. ELO hell will always exist whether as a real entity or the imagined shortcomings of people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobat View Post
It will just add another way for people to denounce lesser players who don't play 'SERIOUS RANKED' games. There's no reason for this, the current system works fine. ELO hell will always exist whether as a real entity or the imagined shortcomings of people.
Don't down vote because you don't like what I have to say.
I'd like people to see this and make a majority decisions. Not a single opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acras7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-01-2012

Well, I'm pretty sure that this "Serious" Game type choice you consider is what Riot had in mind when making the ranked game type. The leaves, disconnects, and Trolls are being dealt with in the Tribunal -- if you truly want to change League of Legends, I suggest you actively participate in that with a clear mind.

Also, the skins thing isn't such a bad idea, but Riot has been demonstrating the skins in videos on Youtube.com of the new champions. I've only seen one video of an older champion, and that one had a skins demonstration as well. I feel as though they're doing a good job with promoting their skins, and don't need that change.

All in all, while changing the punishments to restrict certain players in a game type may seem fair and helpful to you, it is rather selective and prejudiced against people who play ranked games.

In my opinion, I would consider asking for amendments to the Tribunal system, such as additional information or evidence that can be gathered without being too intrusive. (Then again, they seem to already have all of the information necessary to make proper judgements)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acras7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by normLmute View Post
Don't down vote because you don't like what I have to say.
I'd like people to see this and make a majority decisions. Not a single opinion.
The "Downvote button" exists for a reason. You seem to assume when you say "Don't down vote because you don't like what I have to say." No one has mentioned that people do not like what you have to say. In fact, the "Downvote" button could be used to measure how much people like or dislike your idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acras7 View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure that this "Serious" Game type choice you consider is what Riot had in mind when making the ranked game type. The leaves, disconnects, and Trolls are being dealt with in the Tribunal -- if you truly want to change League of Legends, I suggest you actively participate in that with a clear mind.

Also, the skins thing isn't such a bad idea, but Riot has been demonstrating the skins in videos on Youtube.com of the new champions. I've only seen one video of an older champion, and that one had a skins demonstration as well. I feel as though they're doing a good job with promoting their skins, and don't need that change.

All in all, while changing the punishments to restrict certain players in a game type may seem fair and helpful to you, it is rather selective and prejudiced against people who play ranked games.

In my opinion, I would consider asking for amendments to the Tribunal system, such as additional information or evidence that can be gathered without being too intrusive. (Then again, they seem to already have all of the information necessary to make proper judgements)
I agree with you to a point, But take in mind, 4v5 because two people mid (Annie, Diana) And Annie called it first ( First pick, ) And Diana called it second both went mid, and Annie Rage quits because underfed, so she rage quits to a fed Lux or Someone else mid who dominates Diana even more because Diana is under level due to two mid. Lux roams while Diana is on a 40 second response 0/8/0.
Lux 12/1/22

It's hard to play normal ranked, That's why I suggested normal ranked and serious ranked.
you get the best of both worlds. One is just... Crappier than the other?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acras7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobat View Post
It will just add another way for people to denounce lesser players who don't play 'SERIOUS RANKED' games. There's no reason for this, the current system works fine. ELO hell will always exist whether as a real entity or the imagined shortcomings of people.
I think it would do much more to League of Legends than that. I could very well stop people from playing the "regular" ranked mode, Or vice versa. If there was only one ranked mode that had incredible repercussions, people might become afraid of playing because of disconnection issues, service provider issues, etc. It could very well scare away great players who have fear of their technology not working properly at given times, such as playing "Serious" ranked games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acras7 View Post
I think it would do much more to League of Legends than that. I could very well stop people from playing the "regular" ranked mode, Or vice versa. If there was only one ranked mode that had incredible repercussions, people might become afraid of playing because of disconnection issues, service provider issues, etc. It could very well scare away great players who have fear of their technology not working properly at given times, such as playing "Serious" ranked games.

There isn't just one Ranked mode
There are 2 Ranked modes.

Ranked - Normal / Trib.
Ranked - Serious / Bans
+ Normal Que's.

They have 3 choices.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acras7 View Post
The "Downvote button" exists for a reason. You seem to assume when you say "Don't down vote because you don't like what I have to say." No one has mentioned that people do not like what you have to say. In fact, the "Downvote" button could be used to measure how much people like or dislike your idea.
Ehh forget what I said about the vote button then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acras7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by normLmute View Post
I agree with you to a point, But take in mind, 4v5 because two people mid (Annie, Diana) And Annie called it first ( First pick, ) And Diana called it second both went mid, and Annie Rage quits because underfed, so she rage quits to a fed Lux or Someone else mid.

It's hard to play normal ranked, That's why I suggested normal ranked and serious ranked.
you get the best of both worlds. One is just... Crappier than the other?
That's pretty much happening with 5v5 normal games. There are people who's opinion is something along the line of "If you're going to feed and troll in game, don't do it on ranked." Also, if there are two ranked sets, What's the point of playing one of the ranked? Will it just be for fun? Because there's already a game type for that. Instead of making a new ranked game type, you'll just be bumping down the "not serious" ranked into the same importance as 5v5. Much like Dobat mentioned earlier, the people who play normal ranked will be subjected to being thought of as lesser.


123