Best ranged character? Best melee character?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ziggsismymom

09-01-2012

Hi, I'm rather new, and I'd like to know the best ranged character and melee character. As for my name, my friend loves Ziggs and told me to name my account after Ziggs and I bought some riot points and I already have Darius, Ziggs and some more characters. I want to buy two more, so help me out !

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-01-2012

Karthus.

The answer is always Karthus.

Prizmo

09-01-2012

personal preference, and skill, that shows who YOU think is the best. But as for opinions, I would say Jax or Fiora are the best melee duel-ists. As for ranged, some hyper carry, like Ezreal, Vayne, Graves, Corki, I don't normally play AD Carry, but I know these guys are the strongest out of the bunch atm

CodexAngel

10-20-2012

In my opinion, I think that skarner is a great choice. Build health, abil power and attack speed and he is unbeatable.

NinetyNineTails

10-20-2012

There really isn't a 'best'. Different champions are good at different things and have niche strengths along with their general role. Ezrael and Graves are both good ranged attack damage champions, but they have very different nuances.

For a newer player getting used to LoL, I would suggest becoming familiar, in a basic way, with what roles and strategies exist and picking a good champion to play in each. You can work on greater mastery once you understand the basics.

Some champions are simpler and require a little less specilized knowledge than others, so with an eye towards that, I suggest Taric or Sona for support, Graves or Caitlyn for ranged attack damage, Karthus or Ryze for mid, Warwick or Udyr in the jungle, and Shen in the top lane. These champions, while not really 'simple', are often somewhat more forgiving than others. I would actively advise against, say, Ezrael, who's skillshot based gameplay and emphasis on aggressive often make him extremely unforgiving in the hands of a less experienced player.

Skarner would be another good choice. Good in the jungle. Not a 'traditional' top lane choice, but in lower-experience games, more than capable of managing.

Shadeslayer8894

11-05-2012

My personal preference for range is Ashe because it is very easy to up her speed and damage to make her a great speed character with a huge range

LionsCandy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Best range, I feel, is Vayne. She scales well, and has three escapes (tumble, knock back/stun, and stealth).

Best melee? That depends on you. Tryndamere is a sick melee, simply because of his 'invincible' ulti, and his crits that don't quit. I don't play him because I feel cheap, but i'm more of an assassin, so I play Kha'zix, Talon, and Rengar. Just whatever you feel better with.

TeknoWizard

11-06-2012

For melee, I'll go with Kayle. And I'll also say Kayle for ranged.

Also, in what regard do you mean "best"? Like, most damage? In that regard, Veigar and Nasus are the best characters in the game cuz they can hit the highest. Or do you mean initiation power? There are way to many variables.

All in all, I feel like Ashe is the best ranged. She can initiate, kite forevar, and do nice damage. For melee, I'm a sucker for Nasus. Great CC, amazing tankiness, and damage out the rear. Also probably the most snowball-ey champion in the game.

Mambazo

11-06-2012

I really pity you. I would NOT want to be a new player in the current LoL environment. Low level games are absolutely SWARMED with experienced players leveling alternate accounts, who actually think it's appropriate to act like know-it-all ******bags when they play with legitimately new players, raging when they make mistakes and such.

My advice? Learn the absolute basics in Bot games (Coop vs. AI). People are much more mellow there, and you can't really lose. Once you feel ready, play against players- be ready for people to act like complete asses! Liberally apply the ignore command, and report toxic players. If you find someone legitimately willing to play with you and help you, friend them. Otherwise move on, don't let a lost game or a troll player put you on tilt.

Learn every champ you can. Play them all, so even if you don't like them, you know what you're up against when you're FACING them. Learn what the roles are and the subtle nuances within these roles that make every champion different. Learn the metagame, if only because, well, it's the current metagame, God knows we all want it to evolve from where it is but right now it's the easiest way to coordinate a team of 5 strangers.

Most of all have fun. This is a game, not a job. IP is not money, and you still get some when you lose.

LSA

11-06-2012

For Melee, I would have to say Jax or Jayce. They're both amazing, Jayce is still great after his nerfs.

For ranged, I'd probably say Ezreal or Jayce.