Hai, A new question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naex

09-01-2012

SO, i played dominion for the first time today. basic control the points idea. Got it. Dominated early game, but it got to a point where we were at 150, they were at 61, and they stayed at 61 until we lost. I dont understand. When i asked, i was met with "LOLOLNOOB" "MUST NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY LOLOL" "He JUST LIKES HITTING R",so i thought i would bring it here. I Would consider them rude but my reports mean nothing so i didnt bother. Besides, joke mode is joke.

I assumed that as long as you had more nodes than they did, they took damage. We had more nodes, but it would not go down. I also thought that every kill removed 1 life on the nexus. We farmed them pretty hard.

BTW, this mode is silly. I had never played it and got the most contributed points on my team. But i guess im a noob for not knowing the rules, meh.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

If you had more points under your control then their points would go down. If they get an amount of points under their control greater than the amount you have under your own, then their nexus points will cease to count down entirely and yours will begin to count down instead. If the amount of points both teams hold is equal, then nobody will lose points.

Kills and taking control of points will also hurt the enemy nexus, but only to an extent. I think the magic number is 100, then kills/captures stop affecting the nexus.

Pretty basic. Sorry you feel that this mode is a joke though, it's a ton of fun if you open your mind to it and is extremely competitive in the higher ranks. But it's your loss, not mine, so...

Also, points don't matter. They never did. Being #1 means jack **** if you lose because you freaking lost, and if you win you needed every one else on your team to succeed regardless, so points never ever mattered.

naotasan

09-01-2012

That's more of a rambling statement than a question if you ask me.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

When you start the game, there are some boxes with big !!! in them that pop up on the right hand side of your screen above the minimap. Next time give those a whirl, and see how that does for ya as far as the "rules".

Also, points don't matter. They are a broken metric that we have been trying to have changed or get removed for quite a while now, as they cause statements precisely like yours. Question, would you have deemed this mode "silly" if you had won your game? Did you win your first game of classic? or your second? how many times did you have to lose before you thought that the game was not silly?

Think of it this way - if in your first game of classic, you had lost BUT had gotten the most kills and had the fewest deaths on your team, would you then say that it was a silly game? That statement just seems preposterous to me. Calling it silly just makes it seem like you are upset that there are people who are better at the game than you and that you lost. Maybe not, but thats just what it looks like from my screen.

Infirc

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naex View Post
SO, i played dominion for the first time today. I Would consider them rude but my reports mean nothing so i didnt bother. Besides, joke mode is joke.

BTW, this mode is silly. I had never played it and got the most contributed points on my team. But i guess im a noob for not knowing the rules, meh.

SHoo back to GD and Rice farmer's rift if you think this mode is a joke then.

NamKim

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naex View Post
SO, i played dominion for the first time today. basic control the points idea. Got it.
Nice

Quote:
Dominated early game, but it got to a point where we were at 150, they were at 61, and they stayed at 61 until we lost. I dont understand.
There are a total of five points on the map. The team that controls less points gets HP taken away from their Nexus. The amount is the difference between the amount of points per five seconds. So, if they had 61 HP left, but they held the majority of points for the entire game, they would not lose any more HP.

Quote:
When i asked, i was met with "LOLOLNOOB" "MUST NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY LOLOL" "He JUST LIKES HITTING R",so i thought i would bring it here. I Would consider them rude but my reports mean nothing so i didnt bother.
They are rude players who are clearly violating the summoner's code. Report them. Your reports does mean something. You do understand how the Tribunal works, yes?

Quote:
Besides, joke mode is joke.
Dude, coming to the Dominion forum and telling us that this is a joke mode when we developed a meta, have tournaments (with prizes from Riot), people who take the game mode seriously, some of those serious players made some pretty large guides, have a tiers list, understand the pros and cons of Dominion, been actively trying to work with Riot to fix problems, Riot has confirmed that they are working on this mode since it has a cult following, has an organized community, and have players who played thousands of games of Dominion within its relatively short lifespan is stupid. The alternative is that you are trying to get some sort of reaction out of us. But that would mean you are a troll and I hope you're not a troll.

Quote:
I assumed that as long as you had more nodes than they did, they took damage. We had more nodes, but it would not go down. I also thought that every kill removed 1 life on the nexus.
Yes, if you hold more points on the map compared to the other team. The other team's Nexus will lose HP. If both team holds an equal number of nodes, no one loses any points. If you did hold more points but the other team's Nexus did not lose any life. Then that is a bug that must be brought to Riot's attention immediately.

Quote:
We farmed them pretty hard.
This is a Classic mode way of thinking. Farming does not mean as much in Dominion as it does in Classic. In Classic, there is the laning phase, an entire period dedicated to farming and trying to get an upper hand over the other team. As you know, if you have a good laning phase, you will have an incredible advantage over the other team. Some games, the winner is practically declared during the laning phase.

Dominion lacks a laning phase. Think of it this way, you are pretty much put into the game after the laning phase. You might kill a few minions to get some extra gold or to push, but your main source of gold is really from kills and assists...not the best example, but you get the point.

Quote:
Hey! Welcome to Dominion, where the points don't matter. Yup, the points don't matter. Just like Vitamin C pills.

Think of it this way. Classic mode is like Soccer while Dominion is American Football. If you ask which is better, a vast majority will say Soccer is the superior sport. If you ask Americans, they will reply that American Football is the superior sport. I don't normally watch sports, but when I do, I don't care which one I watch since they're both fun sports to watch.

Scyhn

09-01-2012

2 things that will help you to play better:
1) If their team is descent and your team is full with stupids/trolls/flamers, you can't do magic. Just do y our best. You win some, you lose some, which leads me to the other point.
2) Be respectful with your teamates. Saying "HEY YOU ****ING IDIOT WTF ARE YOU DOING" doesn't help much. Point your teamates flaws in a nice and polite way, and don't ***** when they do the same with you.

That helped me a lot. Sometimes tho, i just don't have the patience and want to kill my teamates.

naotasan

09-01-2012

Guys don't take the troll bait.