Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zextal, The energy Munipulator (New carry Idea)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dar11

09-01-2012

Zextal is a carry that builds ad but does completely magic damage. He has 550 range, and shoots is projectiles from the palm of his hands.

Unlimited Energy (passive): Zextal's autoattack deal magic damage instead of physical damage. Attack a tower will be physical damage.

Energy Beams (Q): Zextal creates two energy beams from both hands and then crosses them. They shoot out at a 45 degree angle and end by making a "x" in front of Zextal. The ability is fired in a cone at 500 range. Similar to the width of Kassadin's cone ability, but longer. This is not instant cast, the beams much actually travel from the outside in.
Damage: 50, 90, 120, 180, 210. (+ 1.0 AD)
Cooldown: 16, 14, 10, 6, 4
Range: 500

Energy Mastery (W): Zextal passivley gains attack speed everytime he lands a basic attack. Stacks up to three times. When activiated Zextal instantly gains double the max stacks. Lasts for 10 seconds Passive is on cooldown once it is activiated.
Attack speed bonus: 2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10%
Cooldown: 20 seconds

Energy Barrier (E) Zextal creates a shield around himself that will block all incoming physical damage for a short time, and give him bonus movement speed. If he succesfully blocks a certain amount of damage the bonus movement speed is refreshed.
Shield/movment speed lasts: 3 seconds at all levels
Damage needed to refresh speed bonus: 200 at all levles
Movement speed bonus: 25%, 30%, 35%, 40%, 45%

Energy Unload (R): Zextal channels for 1 second creating a number of energy bolts. After the channel the energy bolts seek and hit the nearest 3 champions. One enemy can only be hit by 5 bolts even if he is alone.
Number of Bolts: 15 at all levels
Damage: 50, 100, 150 (+ 0.7 AD)

Dar11

09-01-2012

Any comments?

bsnide

09-01-2012

[B]In General:[/B]
So basically he's like an adc but that deals magic dmg? A problem with it that i see is that tanks have ways to counter ad champs, like thornmail and frozen heart etc. Would there be an item that could counter him then and if so would this hurt the ap carries too much?

Q:
Can he move while using and if he does, do the projectiles follow him? The cooldown jumps quite significantly too maybe do something more on the lines of 12/10/8/6/4?

W:
The attack speed ratios are very small. I believe kog's attack speed buff gives him 10% in level 1, for instance

E:
It reminds me a lot of Jax's E except for it grants movement speed instead of stunning. The damage needed is very low, later in the game champs like Caitlyn can refresh it in 1 shot.

R:
15 bolts is WAYY too much!! If your in a 1v1 you can deal around 2k dmg just with your ult if you have a good amount of ad and they have near 50% magic resist

I hope you consider my comments and good luck!

Dar11

09-01-2012

For his passive, agood way to counteritis just build mr. He can take the placeof a magic damage dealer of needed.

For his q, he can't move and cast it, it has a very small cast time. The cast time lowers so drastically cus it is like ashe's volley.

For his w, the attack speed stacks up to three times, and then when u activate the ability it is actually high.

For his e, the damage to refresh is meant to be low, especially for late game.

I edited his ultimate so only a certain amount of bolts can hit one person.