Matchmaking different from Summoner's Rift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UtilityK

09-01-2012

Is the matchmaking method in dominion different from Summoner's Rift? In Dominion, it's almost never even with one team winning with over 400 points and one team with scores of 0-6 or 1-7, etc.

naotasan

09-01-2012

Every so often I get them game where one team has 400+ when it ends (sometimes me, sometimes not) but I'm usually in games that go under 200 points. I consider any game under 75 points to be close.

Of course the newer you are to a playlist the more stuck in "elo hell" you become. You need to win games or join DominateDominion chat in game and ask for help!

Demonite10

09-02-2012

Actually, I believe the matchmaking is the same as SR, which is actually what the problem is. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but as I understand it, matchmaking uses your elo as a budget for who to put on a team. In SR, there's tons of players at all times, but in Dom that's not the case, so a guy with a high elo will get teamed up with a bunch of low elo players, and he's supposed to carry them. That's fine in SR, but in Dom it's impossible because EVERYBODY has to know how to play. So frequently, a high elo dude gets teamed with 3-4 low elo dudes vs a team of similar elo people. The game becomes one-sided against the team with the high elo dude because that team has a bunch of nubs on it. I can't tell you how many times i've gotten into the +20-30 wins range, then all of a sudden I'm in a washout of a game and all the wins of my teammates combined is less than a 3rd of mine.