Is this matchmaking common?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

09-01-2012

A few weeks ago I was playing with a level 6 RL while I was already on level 30 and I'm afraid those matches drastically lowered my hidden Dominion ELO. So, could you please tell me if this matchmaking is common? These are the amount of Dominion wins my allies and enemies had in my last game (solo queue):

Allies:
164 (me)

Enemies:

DiscworldDeath

09-01-2012

I don't get the question.

1. If you multi-queue with a sub level 30, you're likely to get matched with and against other sub-level 30s.
2. The Elo is treated the same as if you queued with someone else of the same Elo who were level 30. Elo and levels are discrete things.
3. Number of wins is irrelevant when divorced from number of losses, and in general.

Judas Priest

09-01-2012

I'll try to be clearer, sorry for my English. I would like to know if I'm some sort of hidden ELO hell, since I'm constantly being matched with very unskilled players (really). And I'm hypothesizing that, if I'm indeed in an ELO hell, that's probably due to previous matches that I played with a low level player.

Those numbers that I posted are from my current matches, solo queue. I don't play with that low level player anymore.

DiscworldDeath

09-01-2012

If you play with a low Elo player and lose, you lose more Elo than you'd lose while solo-queueing. You'd also win less for winning.

The act of duo-queueing in and of itself does not lower your Elo.

And number of games is irrelevant for purposes of matchmaking once it's over 10.

Judas Priest

09-01-2012

Thanks, I guess I'm some sort of ELO hell then.