[Suggestion] Buying turrets.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bettysmith

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrix View Post
I'll add to this;

1 for Twisted Treeline: 6000 Gold
3 for Summoner's Rift: 6000/8000/10000 Gold

Two, 5-10k. However, this late in the game a tower can be tanked by just about anyone, almost becoming pretty much useless.

A better idea would be to allow us to either buy a wave (or 2/3) of super creeps, or allowing us to remove the other team's wave(s) of super creeps. Gold prices? No clue.

Visualcode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2010

I think XScroll has a better idea. Healing a turret would be a little better of an idea. Perhaps even better would be lowering that heal and adding a CD to the spell. Having it one-time-use is a little disappointing. But reviving a turret is just prolonging the inevitable.

Nigel: I agree, I love long games. But, if my team is in the situation where pushing towers is difficult but team fights without towers are a breeze, I don't really want to add another 10 minutes to the game to take down a tower when it isn't going to affect the out-come at all.

Visualcode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2010

Betty, buying minions is also not what this game is about. Minions are meant to help push the game along. They help you get fed in the start, both in levels and in gold. They help you distract towers so that you can kill them. They are NOT meant to win the game for you. If you buy a wave of super-minions it would almost make inhibitors worthless. Super minions are meant to help you have that little extra push when the game is already going in your favor. It sort of helps the game end where it otherwise may not due to class-makeup or other such reasons. The closer you get to the enemy spawn-point and double-tower situation the harder it gets. Now, if you had no minions there to help, it could be near impossible. That is what minions are for, not to save you when you can't do it yourself.

Goo5e

Recruiter

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
If a game lasts 55 min, the last thing I want to do is delay it even further by having any team buy back a turret. Could not disagree more...
What your not considering here is fact of putting a timer on it, like the surrender. 40 minutes seems to be the most prominent, and i agree it feels alright. Also, there is the fact that something like this would have to be very very expensive, which means that it would basically only be usable in games where there is only one person on a team who is fed, yet cannot make the final push, and is slowly losing ground as the enemy begins a comeback. A price of around 4000/6000/8000/12000 (from outermost to nexus) would make it balanced, and pretty much only viable for teams that have managed to retain the turrets inside their base.
i can honestly say, that if someone is able to amass 12K gold in a game in order rebuild their one nexus turrets, then i think most people would respect the fact that it is an amazing feat, and would not be so bothered by the game lasting a little longer