Jinenji the Symbiote

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fatyboomboom

09-01-2012

Jinenji the Symbiote

attributes - tank melee support

Resource - abilities have no cost and are based on cooldowns and spending health if the ability requires it.

Passive - Empathy - Spending it's life Bonding and/or devouring other creatures for knowledge and curiosity has imparted Jinenji with the ability to accurately identify the strengths and weaknesses of friend and foe alike. This allows Jinenji to bolster his allies defenses, reducing damage taken by 3% and exploit his enemies weaknesses increasing their damage taken by 3%

Q - Symbiote's Will - Jinenji sacrifices a % of its maximum health to be used on an enemy or ally
- Ally - Healed for double the amount sacrificed
- Enemy - Damaged for 150% of the amount sacrificed as true damage
Cool down - 14/13/12/11/10 sec

W - Defensive Reaction - Generates a shield that absorbs 10% of Jinenji's maximum health. If the shield is used up before the end of the duration it detotonates, dealing half the shield as true damage to Jinenji and all enemies in a radius.
Cool down - 20/18/16/14/12 sec

E - Influence -
- Ally target - Jinenji generates an aura that increases damage dealt by a percentage for 10 seconds
- Enemy target - Jinenji attacks his targets body and mind, slowing them from fear and numbness.
Cool down - 15 seconds

R - Symbiosis - Jinenji engulfs a target ally, shielding them with his own body for up to 20 seconds. The recipient is immune to all damage and affects and is healed by 25% of Jinenji's maximum health. Jinenji remains on his target for the duration or until cancelled and cannot attack but can still use his abilities. Symbiosis can also be used on enemy minions and creeps to deal 1000 true damage and heal Jinenji for 25% of his maximum life. If used on an enemy minion or creep Symbiosis is put on half its normal cool down.
Cool down - 80/70/60 seconds

This is my first time at this and I'm not all that deep into LoL lore past what you can read in the champ descriptions so I just have a rough idea on this guy's lore. Something about being created from the rune wars and wandering since then, temporarily bonding or straight up devouring others for knowledge and experiences in the victims life. then the institute of war tests the the material his body is made of and finds substances that match things in other heroes stories, like nautilus's black slime that mutated him and so on from his travels.

I got a quote I really like. "This existence has taught me that life eats life... but could also benefit one another. Which should I do with you?" - Jinenji as it sizes up an unwilling scientist.

Since I don't have any art the picture I have for this guy is basically a liquid monster.
I also left a few things out on his skills such as health sacrificed for Q because I wouldn't know the finer details for a good percentage to make it balanced.

Gundenspand

09-01-2012

Hi, Gundenspand here, member of the CCF Council (you can check by yourself here if you don't believe me )
First good thing to say, your champ is easy to read and weel organized, and that's cool for us . Here is a link to an example of format to post your champion : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post28831757.
I give it this link to you so you don't have to brainstorm about how to make it nice etc... The thing I was sorry to find at the end was the description of your champ : i can't imagine well your powers and how it fits with the appearence if I don't have it .

Let's talk about the skills .

Passive is ok, nothing to say about it, 3% is really well balanced (in my opinion)

Q- I think the % doesn't have to be too high (am I wrong ?) so I suggest between 5 and 10, which doesn't change with levels.
I really like this power and the idea behind, but making that only cooldown is reduced when you up it, it's... sad . But I don't know how to improve it. Maybe something that refresh more the cooldown and allow a really skilled use, like "used on an ally below 10/12.5/15/17.5/20 % of his max health, cooldown is reduced of 1/1/2/2/3 seconds, used on an ennemy with more than 90/87.5/85/82.5/80 % of his max life, Jinenji is 5/7.5/10/12.5/15 % faster" or something like that. This is just a suggestion to see who is good with him and who is very good with him. I assume it's a short range ability, because used on a ennemy carry, it's really powerfull, so range have to be short.

W- Too much true damages. You already have the Q as true damages, don't add him an AoE true Damages. I think you can use it as magic damages instead, or maybe, if you want to keep the idea "hard to reduce" one half of the damages is magical, one half is physical.

E- No up ? I suppose you up the numbers : percentage could be 5/7/9/11/13 and slow something like 20/25/30/35/40%

R- totally op . If you use it on your carry, he goes 1v5 (ok, 2v5 with you) and owns the full team. The heal is really high too. So, you have to lower effects. I don't want to give any ideas by now, so I can see what you find by yourself, because I fear I already said too much, and I want this champ to stay yours.
Why not for the effect on minions, but maybe not half of the normal cooldown, more something like 75%. (because a 25% heal every 30 sec with a free smite is a really good).

Concerning lore, I'm not good at that, so I can't help you about it. But your idea seems good, you just have to read a bit, take a look at Valoran map maybe, and go on. Other can improve it (or even write it), but I think you can do a lot of things by yourslef.

Here is the link of a champ who might need your help. If you think you can do it, go review him so the creator can improve himself. I don't force you in any way, do what you want to. (If you're new at reviewing, here is a link about how to do it).

The word of the end : I like your concept idea, but I think you can make it even more better.
Pardon my bad english, it isn't my native language.

__Gundenspand__|_Member of the CCF Council _|__

fatyboomboom

09-01-2012

lol I figured that using the true damage for most of my abilities might be too much. The main reason I focused on that was because those abilities require he basically sacrifice a fair chunk of his own hp so i thought he should get fair value in return, I've used almost every tank in the game so far and I feel like most of their damaging moves fall short at the end and their only used for their cc utilities. I like that concept of 1/2 and 1/2 physical and magic for the shield, that gives a 50/50 chance for full damage since most either gear for resisting one or the other if at all.

I like most of your suggestions for E i was thinking along the lines of its effects increasing w/ levels but since its my first time with this I didnt know what could be balanced. i suppose it could got 6/8/10/12/14% for allies and 20/25/30/35/40% slow for enemies like u suggested for 3 seconds.

As far as the ulti goes i suppose that is pretty op. my thought on it though was that since Jinenji is using his on life as a shield it should have a tremendous benefit. Most tanks can usually be outright ignored after their first few seconds of whatever cc they have and i was getting tired of that. I suppose reducing some of his effectiveness while he's a shield would balance it a bit more. I'd guess since this shield can be meant for a save it would be a little more fair to reduce the heal on the target to 5-10% of his max hp based on rank, say 6/8/10%?and weaken Jinenji's effectiveness while a shield a little more, I'd say only give him access to his own shield while using his ultimate. since his ultimate is basically his best bet at being an effective meat shield in a group fight this would probably balance it a bit more since his only cc is a slow to catch runners.

As for his ultimate used on creeps and minions I guess leaving it with more of a cool down would be fair since it would make the player decide a little more seriously on which to use it for. Besides, rammus' ultimate has a similar cool down and its almost always up when i need it. So leaving the cool down alone that would make it 60/52.5/45 sec cool down when used on minions and creeps

I suppose i still have a fair ways to go for the lore, though im not too concerned over that, right now im more interested in the champ being polished for gameplay.