Buy Lightbringer As Ranged AD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duskofdead

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaRice View Post
I used to buy it. You'll learn soon enough! Or maybe I've been wrong, all along.
I only buy it on Vayne or when there are Akalis/Shacos on the other team.

DevlJoe

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Lightbringer can't prevent you from getting bushwhacked because it only works on auto-attacks, which are targeted, which require you to see the enemy to use. What Lightbringer does is keep an enemy visible in an already raging teamfight. However, if they aren't using the brush and fog of war to give you problems, I don't see a need for it.

The reason why Hextech Sweeper is so much better is because you don't have to see anybody before you can make the passive happen. You can use AoE spells.
So I was thinking about this post. What if they added an active to Lightbringer. I was thinking a line skillshot that reveals anything it hits. It wouldn't be as good as sweeper, but it would make sense, seeing as the Lightbringer is a bow-like thing, it could fire a revealing arrow.

Cauldrath

09-02-2012

You should also consider buying it if you are planning on solo ganking bot against a melee champ:

http://www.twitch.tv/dominatedominio...5956?t=168m16s

Maxijazz

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
You should also consider buying it if you are planning on solo ganking bot against a melee champ:

http://www.twitch.tv/dominatedominio...5956?t=168m16s
Thank you for just proving my point ever more.

67chrome

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
I buy it on vayne, that's about it though.
Yeah, more or less the same here. It's nice to see my impaled victims in the bushes on a champ that has no skill-shot poke to harass enemies in brush. It's a better choice than oracle's on her against anything with stealth too, like a Shaco, Akali, Wukong, Talon, Twitch, Rengar, Evelynn, Vayne.

On champs like Fiora I like Oracles better.

Orphane

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlJoe View Post
So I was thinking about this post. What if they added an active to Lightbringer. I was thinking a line skillshot that reveals anything it hits. It wouldn't be as good as sweeper, but it would make sense, seeing as the Lightbringer is a bow-like thing, it could fire a revealing arrow.
This would actually be pretty great

Duelpower

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
Yeah, more or less the same here. It's nice to see my impaled victims in the bushes on a champ that has no skill-shot poke to harass enemies in brush. It's a better choice than oracle's on her against anything with stealth too, like a Shaco, Akali, Wukong, Talon, Twitch, Rengar, Evelynn, Vayne.

On champs like Fiora I like Oracles better.
I like the cut of your jib.

JevelFaithful

09-05-2012

Playing akali, I hated that caith with a Lightbringer. I played pretty badly too that game.
Wouldn't advice to specifically rush it tought

DD Tootulz

09-05-2012

I agree with the OP, Lightbringer is IMO the most essential item for any ranged AD carry. It is actually one of the most efficient gold per stat items on Dominion and its proc is the icing on the cake. You can't rely on your team to drop Sweeper on the target you want simply because they can't always be there for you. A smart opponent can use the brush to completely nullify your usefulness, either making you wait for a team-mate to face check, force you to enter the bush (bad idea) or back off.