AD Carry Role?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mi Ki Rhythm

09-18-2012

If your team is being absolutely crushed (mid and top lose their tower in 10 minutes) what should the AD carry do if they know they can't contribute enough damage to the enemies yet? Would it be better to continue to farm with extra wards up or to help your teammates fight battles?

I'm only wondering because I've seen ADC's turn around a game by passively farming ~300 cs. At the same time I've seen people lose because the ADC was off farming minions.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

if your team is fighting, you need to help them.

Mi Ki Rhythm

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
if your team is fighting, you need to help them.
So if I know my early game is horrible I should start facing the fed enemy and know I won't get any more cs past 10 minutes? I'm asking on terms that the team will be in a position where I do almost no damage yet die very quickly.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-18-2012

Mi Ki Rhythm, what's better between these two options:

Option A: You have a less than perfect late game because you didn't get enough CS because laning phase ended early and you needed to join your team to help in team fights, or...

Option B: There is no late game because instead of joining your team to help in team fights, you left them to 4v5 while you got your precious CS in bottom lane by yourself?

You have to realize that while you are the ADC, you can't simply solo everyone down in late game. If you don't join your team to help in team fights, they'll definitely be getting crushed in these mid-game teamfights, and no matter how much CS gold you have, the rest of your team is going to be starved for experience and gold, while the enemy is full on kills and assists gold they got from 5v4ing your teammates. They may not be as fed as you, but there's 5 of them that are getting fed on your 4 teammates that are underfed.

You can't focus too hard on CS at the expense of losing team fights in mid game. For your late game to matter, your TEAM must make it to late game.

Mi Ki Rhythm

09-18-2012

I think I understand. It just seems that I don't even contribute to my team am just a squishy ready to be killed. What worries me more is when my team dying 4/5v3 and that leaves 2 enemies capable of pushing their lanes.

I just brought it up because I have seen 4 enemies hold 2 turrets while their adc racks up insane cs before carrying the game (especially Tristana) while our tank doesn't want to initiate on the enemy tower with 3-4 people under it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-18-2012

If the enemy ADC is still in bottom lane farming CS, it's probably okay for you to be in bottom lane also farming CS. However, if bottom lane is empty because the enemies went up to mid lane, you most likely need to be headed to mid lane to help out. There are some exceptions.

But whatever you do, you can't leave your team at a disadvantage in a team fight because you want to farm minions in bottom lane.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi Ki Rhythm View Post
I think I understand. It just seems that I don't even contribute to my team am just a squishy ready to be killed. What worries me more is when my team dying 4/5v3 and that leaves 2 enemies capable of pushing their lanes.

I just brought it up because I have seen 4 enemies hold 2 turrets while their adc racks up insane cs before carrying the game (especially Tristana) while our tank doesn't want to initiate on the enemy tower with 3-4 people under it.
ok think of it this way.

your team is fighting 4v5. the enemy kills them all, gets around 1k gold+ an objective most likely.

you farmed two waves bot and got 200g.

worth it?

Essieu

09-19-2012

Unless you can take a tower, and clearly communicate to your team to back off and not fight, just delay. Then you need to be with them.

AD carry is also one of the most frustrating solo que spots to play, just because while you do most of the damage late game, you somewhat need your teammates to get you there/peel for you.

Martyrofsand

09-19-2012

Once team fights start you need to be with your team and there are only a few exceptions to this. If they can turtle at a tower and let you get away to farm a lane that is pushing, and you need to be protected by wards when doing this, that can be ok. Likewise if you can jump over to wraiths or wolves when fighting for position in mid and get back quickly you can keep your CS up but really you should never be far out of reach of your team. No matter how underfarmed you may be you being there still makes a difference in your teams ability to fight.