Rammus OP in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volandum

08-31-2012

I quite often play glass cannon AD caster carries, so let me see if I can give some advice.

Phage is good.

Last Whisper often needs to come before Infinity Edge; build your pickaxe and if you see more than 1-2 chain vests build your LW.

Berserker greaves are a noob trap, you generally want mercs or ionians.

Remember to start with boots prospectors and 2 pots - on some carries one of those pots will be blue.

Get lifesteal early, just pick up a vamp scepter at some point. Then get an executioner's at some point.

If you're dying to magic damage get a hexdrinker.

Phourc

08-31-2012

Time machine thread!

Rammus hasn't been considered OP since people figured out how to defend against chain backdoorers, since his main strength is running across the map to unguarded points xP

I do see your last match you at least built a Last whisper, always be watching your enemy's builds and seeing if they're stacking armor ^^

LegendAwaknd

08-31-2012

He has been overly nerfed. I don't really have much of an issue with him. However, I do have to mention, ever since dominion came, a lot of champs have been overly nerfed. Don't know if there is any relation or not.

naotasan

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendAwaknd View Post
He has been overly nerfed. I don't really have much of an issue with him. However, I do have to mention, ever since dominion came, a lot of champs have been overly nerfed. Don't know if there is any relation or not.
Would like a live design team member to shed light on this. That's an interesting concept.

konfetarius

08-31-2012

Quote:
since his main strength is running across the map to unguarded points xP
He still has stupid good mobility, good AoE damage, and a spammable "team plz kill this guy" button on a very hard to kill champion. I maintain he is still OP as hell, just sort of dropped off the map for no real reason.

Kind of like WW got a % nerf on Q, then got an AP ratio on his % side of Q (which negated the nerf if you got AP items for mpen/shred), yet for some reason never came back.

I blame the small community size. People who spam specific OPs get bored of it and move on to other OPs.

Xander756

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
I take it you haven't fought Jayce recently in Dominion, that or you have under 100 wins.

He fills so many rolls very easily and almost effortlessly.

EDIT: Just checked your recently played games. Under 100 wins (I called it) and you play a lot of ADC characters like Varus and Ashe. You do realise Rammus is pretty much anti-adc right?
I actually just fought against Jayce in a game earlier tonight and curbstomped him in every 1v1 duel.

Quote:
EDIT: Just saw your match history. YOU PLAY NOTHING BUT autoattack AD champs and build glass like you're making windows. No wonder you think Rammus is OP, lol @Trynd/Ashe/Varus/MF xD
I fail to see why this should matter at all. Why should there be a single c hampion that negates an entire class of champions singlehandedly? Especially when playing blind pick what am I supposed to do? No longer play AD carries just in case they have a Rammus? I mean at this point in time, if they have Rammus and I'm ADC, I might as well auto surrender.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
I fail to see why this should matter at all. Why should there be a single c hampion that negates an entire class of champions singlehandedly? Especially when playing blind pick what am I supposed to do? No longer play AD carries just in case they have a Rammus? I mean at this point in time, if they have Rammus and I'm ADC, I might as well auto surrender.
I see you lack reading comprehension, then again you readily admit this by stating that you "fail" at grasping the point of what I posted. I just told you how to counterbuild a Rammus and the only thing you got out of my entire post was the fact that I pointed out that you build glass cannon ADs.

It matters ENTIRELY when you continue to build glass knowing the enemy team has one or more champions that can effectively shut you out of the game. Sorry but with that mentality you'll never progress into anything better if you continuously think that Rammus (or any given champ) is the problem and not what you're doing.

He doesn't negate the class either, he punishes players who build poorly/try to play Rambo in a teamfight.

You my friend need to learn to think more critically, and make decisions off of what the enemy team brings to the table.

FDru

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
He still has stupid good mobility, good AoE damage, and a spammable "team plz kill this guy" button on a very hard to kill champion. I maintain he is still OP as hell, just sort of dropped off the map for no real reason.

Kind of like WW got a % nerf on Q, then got an AP ratio on his % side of Q (which negated the nerf if you got AP items for mpen/shred), yet for some reason never came back.

I blame the small community size. People who spam specific OPs get bored of it and move on to other OPs.
His mobility isn't much of an issue if your team has jungle control. Or rather, mobility in general isn't as much of a benefit. He is a good bot ganker against squishies but since squishies don't go bot outside of derp elo, he may as well never go bot at all. So what good is his mobility really? You might as well take Blitzcrank who has good mobility, and disgusting amounts of CC and still puts out good damage.

Nobody plays WW anymore because his bad early game became a horrid early game, and it seriously hurt his ability to be effective. He was always weak before level 9, but that rank 5 Q gave him a significant boost in power. Getting that cut by 20% is a massive nerf, and waiting til 15 minutes in to be any kind of threat just doesn't cut it.

And since you mentioned it, I don't see people getting sick of spamming Darius, Malphite and Kassadin every single game.

MyDeadGrandma

08-31-2012

I still play WW I even have the Big Bad Skin. 100% uptime on a 40% IAS steroid for your team is nothing to scoff at. And I still get a lot of use out of his anti juke E (because everybody refused to buy lightbringer/sweeper).

But yes, they absolutely gutted him being any sort of real threat until his Q his maxed.

With regards to Rammus mobility, most people don't realize that dominon is softcapped for movement speed. It really needs to be mentioned in the aura tooltip.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

WW got overnerfed. Rammus imo was not, I think right now is balanced, i think he is underplayed.