AP Miss Fortune vs AD Miss Fortune

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krathalos

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyChaos View Post
Well, first of all, most of the time you aren't going to land all of the Make it Rain onto your opponent, they will likely get out of it before it does more than 150 damage. Second, Auto Attacks are very good on the AD side of things, and your Bullet Time and Double Up will be your main skills. With AD you are combining Auto Attacks, Double Up, and Bullet Time.(which works for both AP and AD Builds)

So say you are playing AD Miss Fortune, you are doing hopefully 150+ Damage each auto attack unless it crits, and you auto attack 1-2 times per second. If you add Double Up to this, you are doing about 300 with resists, the opponent gets away with around 300 life, you drop a make it rain in front of them and ultimate, they die.

Now, you are playing AP Miss Fortune, her auto attacks are doing only 50-60, her Double Up is doing little to no damage until you farm up a Lich Bane which is terrible without a good AP item to start with such as rylai's or zhonya's, then it will do only 200-300 more damage to the first target it hits. Make it Rain will be doing 600+ Damage, but the catch here is, can you get all of the Make it Rain to hit the target? In most situations, you will only get about 1/2 of the Make it Rain to hit them before they run out of it, sure Bullet Time scales better with AP, it doesn't make up for the missing damage in Double Up and Auto Attacks, the only way you'd be doing much damage with Impure Shots will be if you get all 4 stacks onto the target, and you won't be attacking that fast unless you buy a Nashor's Tooth, which is even more of a money sink.

In team fights, I believe that AP can't do nearly as great as AD can because of the fact that Make it Rain really doesn't do that much damage even when it's combined with Bullet Time, Bullet Time really does nearly the same damage weather you are AD or AP and then you add Auto Attacks, Double Up, and without any AP, Impure Shots still does some damage.

The whole difference here is, AP requires you to get farmed so much, that you have the major ap items for her, like Lich Bane, Zhonya's Ring, Nashor's Tooth, and Mejai's if you did good early on, AD only requires an Infinity Edge before you start doing good. So hopefully I covered all the bases here and you know which is better.

TLDR : AD Miss Fortune requires A LOT less farm than AP Miss Fortune does, and AD Miss Fortune is better in team fights as well.
/thread

WER Ryche

09-18-2010

Hot Diggity, I appreciate the responses. I went back to AD after playing AP a lot and did some pretty crazy stuff. Maybe I just needed to step outside the comfort zone a bit. Thanks for all the input.

Panda Banana

09-18-2010

Just like Ez

SF Jumper

09-18-2010

AD takes off at level one.
AP takes till 16+.
End of discussion.

Schokcha

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper View Post
AD takes off at level one.
AP takes till 16+.
End of discussion.
Dunno about that. Make it Rain gets you through the laning phase just fine and Impure Shots mitigates the lack of auto attack damage to a degree. Cap your CDR with runes + masteries + Nashor's and you have an ult per minute, too.
It certainly has a faster start than AP Ezreal had (which I didn't like at all, but it was a popular and powerful build).

I'm not sure about which build I like better yet, but AP is nothing to scoff at.

WER Ryche

09-18-2010

I am pretty much in the same boat, Both bring something completely different to the table and since I main Mundo and Kass, I have two different viable AD/AP pages set up

selenvar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2010

Ap misfortune isn't bad.. but pretty much she's all burst and no sustained..

Ad misfortune is just the opposite.. all sustained and her ult for burst.

After Misfortune does her little combo (make it rain bullet time) she can't really do much else.. if she gets lich bane her Q does considerable damage as well.. but pretty much she's still burst.

Vanity Blade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2010

AP is the better farmer, and you get your items quicker as AP.

AD is the overall better carry since the majority of you techniques compliment your AD more than AP.

CertainDeath

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizamimi View Post
In short, AD MF is a great assassin and carry. AP MF is a great support and mage. Both builds bring good utility and damage to team fights, with AP having a slight edge due to Make it Rain dealing significantly more damage.
what skills make MF a great support? lol

Haruhiist

09-18-2010

What irritates me is that my 636 AP Fortune does less damage than my 300 AD Fortune in terms of ultimate. And that AP Fortune has very short lived utility.