Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you like to see the Summoner Spells being improved?

Yes! And I like the idea of adding extra effects to them. 19 70.37%
Yes, but a different improvement than the ones suggested (explain in your post). 5 18.52%
No! They are fine and balanced the way they are. Who cares if some of them are never picked? 3 11.11%
Voters 27 .

Improving Summoner Spells

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astral Yorae

Recruiter

08-31-2012

Hi there Summoners.
This idea was originated in another topic, but I would like to see the Community's feedback on it and decided to make pool.

NOTE: This was from a topic regarding Flash spell.

Quote:
I don't think Flash is BAD for the game, but I agree that Flash conceals other spells.
So, why not giving new or passive effects to some of them? That could be given to the spell itself, a new mastery arround the 3dr~5th line (so it requires more investment) or even some new items (maybe one for each champion type) that sinergizes with Summoner Spells (giving extra effects according to the summoner spell you have). Such effects could be applied aways or when they are in "ready to use" or "in"cooldown" states.

Examples:

519416-Clarity:
---(Purity of Mind): MP Regen;
---(Magic Harmony): Magic Resist;
---(Fast Thoughts): Magic Pen or small CDR.

519415-Clarivoyance:
---(Vision Beyond the Reach): Increased champion vision radius;
---(6th Sense): Can detect invisible things (except wards) in the very center of the spell.

519417-Cleanse:
---(Clean Body): Increases tenacity duration or gives a passive tenacity value;
---(Improved Cleanse): Makes it affect Popups/Knockbacks/Pulls when used.

519418-Exhaust:
---(Exhausted Soul): Reduces dash/flash travel distance of the target by 15~25%

519420-Ghost Walk:
---(Agile Legs): Passively gives small flat Move Speed bonus and increases dash/flash distance when used;
---(Fast as the Wind): Under Ghost Walk effect, leaves a wind trail that slight increases speed of allies that walk in that direction and/or slows the speed of enemies walking in the oposite direction.

519421-Heal:
---(Hearthy Body): Increases HP regen.
---(Nursing): After standing still for Xs, generates a HP Regen aura untill you move.

519422-Ignite:
---(Deadly Wounds): Increases grievous wounds effect to 60~75%
---(Spontaneous Combustion): If target dies with ignite damage, it explodes, dealing damage arround it.

519423-Promote:
---(Demolition Cannon): Extra damage to towers near the Super Cannon Minion (or it's attacks seize Tower's armor and mr);
---(Leadership): Super Cannon Minions buffs minions arround it (giving HP Regen, armor, mr and some extra damage).

519424-Revive:
---(Willpower): When you die, your spirit remains in your corpse for 3s. In that time, you can use revive to respawn in place (with the same HP as the bonus HP given by revive, buffed by Spirit Visage);
---(Soul of the Phoenix): When Revive is ready to use, reduces the time you spend dead.

519425-Smite:
---(Improved Smite): Increases gold reward or reduces cooldown;
---(Greater Smite): Smite gives gold bonus and it's cooldown is reduced by Xs if it kills a target with 100% HP.
---(Smiting Hands): When Smite is ready to use, each succesive attack or single target skill on same monster/minion gives bonus true damage when they are above 50~75% life, up to X stacks.

519426-Surge:
---(Adrenaline Rush): Each attack or skills adds as mall Move Speed bonus for few seconds under effect of Surge, up to X stacks;
---(Surge of Power): Bonus CDR under it's effect.

519427-Teleport:
---(Improved Teleport): Can teleport to the ground if you have the view of the area.

The ideas above are just raw examples/concepts.
The true point of this topic is: I think exploring more the spells can give more reason to choose them, and some of the ideas above allow the creation of reallly fun strategies.
In the end, with more tatics at our disposal, we have more reason to choose other spells.

Please, leave your feedback and constructive critics. Feel free to leave more ideas of extra bonuses regarding the summoner spells.
Thank you in advance.

Astral Yorae

Please, if possible, leave your feedback in this topic about Rune System also (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2559333).

LoliCroft

Recruiter

08-31-2012

Well, its a great idea, but i don't agree with some of the passives, or new effects, like the ones on Heal (the heal by itself is a good help, so increasing also HP regen can greatly unbalance fights).

The rest seems nice to me.

Astral Yorae

Recruiter

08-31-2012

Quote:
LoliCroft:
Well, its a great idea, but i don't agree with some of the passives, or new effects, like the ones on Heal (the heal by itself is a good help, so increasing also HP regen can greatly unbalance fights).

The rest seems nice to me.

Like I said, they are just raw concepts and the HP Regen wouldn't affect the fights, but would give a bit more of lane sustain. After all, fights lasts too few seconds for a small bit of HP Regen to be really useful for someone.

ALLIIAN

08-31-2012

bump

Verdinate

09-01-2012

Bump, Great idea, although the effects need some work, but the idea is great!!! +1.

Verintas

09-01-2012

Bumpity bump. I like the general thought of having added effects to the summoner spells and most of them check out.

Uber Bonisseur

09-01-2012

I made this thread, pretty similar to yours (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2481619&highlight=busting+meta)

In case you want to check, spent some time on it. it's basically the same idea

Astral Yorae

Recruiter

09-01-2012

Quote:
Uber Bonisseur:
I made this thread, pretty similar to yours (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2481619&highlight=busting+meta)

In case you want to check, spent some time on it. it's basically the same idea

Of course I will check man! We must spread this idea!

p0tat0pancakes

09-01-2012

Improved Teleport might be damn OP. CV/Teleport backdooring too stronk.

However, I do like a lot of these ideas, and would like to see them implemented

Astral Yorae

Recruiter

09-01-2012

Quote:
p0tat0pancakes:
Improved Teleport might be damn OP. CV/Teleport backdooring too stronk.

However, I do like a lot of these ideas, and would like to see them implemented

If you think about that, we already can do something similar. We can teleport to backdoor or in the middle of a fight: we just need a pet/jitb/mush/seed/ward (dropped by a support) there, all which gives us vision.
Using 2 spells just to bd would mean sacrificing utility/power by not getting other spells.

Also it's important to note they are just raw concepts and so, open to changes (btw, any new suggestions for any spells?). Maybe it could have a radius in which this effect would work. Ouside that radius it would work as normal teleport.

Thank you forthe feedback man!