surrender in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrkEua

08-31-2012

time for a round, Dominions is about half of the Classics

but i cant surrender until 20mins in both..

vote for surrender in Dom should be shortened; maybe 10 minutes?

mtnduman

08-31-2012

There should be no surrender in my opinion. Unless you are down a player/s there is almost always a chance for a comeback. Those 1-0 wins and losses I cherish because they are by far the most fun I've had in this game on any mode.

Judas Priest

08-31-2012

10 minutes would be fine.

Orphane

08-31-2012

Why on Earth would you ever surrender in Dominion?

ChaoticHypnotic

08-31-2012

Unlike SR, it is totally possible (and extremely common) for Dominion games be turned around to victory.

Surrender in Dom is pointless and shouldn't even exist.

HaIfhearted

08-31-2012

I've seen some of the most ridiculous comebacks ever, that probably wouldn't have happened if the teams involved had been able to surrender.

When you are down 20-420, most people would just give up and /surrender if they had the choice.
But the troopers on this one team grouped up, coordinated a VERY good brush gank, and came back to win the game from a ~400 point deficit.

Sometimes you just never know.

FDru

08-31-2012

Dominion is designed to be back and forth, and when it's not then you lose quickly anyway.

Surrender is pointless.

Ikruti

08-31-2012

I agree with the no need to even have surrender in Dominion. In over 1600 games played, I've seen a grand total of 1 surrender. Basically every other surrender vote is shot down, 4 to 1 against.

Seriously, the best wins are those games where it looks like there's no hope and your team finally realizes, "Heh, what if we coordinated ourselves and did things as a team?" and you start taking control of the points and take back control of the jungle. Then you watch the creeping fear and despair roll in to the other team as they realize their "in the bag" game is getting away from them. It is at that point that get you to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women!

NamKim

08-31-2012

I have never been in a game where I had to surrender. Even when it seemed like everything was against my team (the other team had more powerful champions, better players, my teammates were bad), just have some fun. People always think winning is the fun part of Dominion. It is not. It is about being creative and tricking your enemies. They think you are going one way, but you are really going the other.

I think Sauron said something along this line. He said that when you know that you might lose, just try to get the highest score for fun. Score means nothing in Dominion, but if you know you are going to lose, have some fun and do it anyways.

On SR, surrendering is needed since we know there are games with little "comeback" factor. The game ended within the first ten minutes and there is nothing you can do about it unless the other team makes an incredibly dumb mistake.

So, OP, if you know you are going to lose. Have some fun. That is Dominion, a place to have fun. Of course, you should try to win every game. But for those rare games where you know it is futile, just have some frickin' fun, post it on the forums, then we downvote you for some strange reason because we're bored and have nothing better to do. Then you tell us that we all suck. Then we trade insults and suddenly we're best friends...college has melted my brain this week...I'm a dolphin...

DevlJoe

08-31-2012

No, surrendering is stupid. The snowball elements of SR are not present on this map. Even if teams really are unbalanced, the game is designed in such a way that you'll lose much more quickly. Surrendering is just pointless because a game is only well and truly lost when your nexus explodes.

Basically NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER. Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!! and all the rest of it.