How to build Darius in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

08-31-2012

I can kill a lot, but I die a lot too and I don't know if it's a problem with my build or my gameplay. Could you please give your opinion? I'm currently building him this way:

ITEMS:
1. Mercury's Treads
- Prospector blade
- Phage
- Hexdrinker
- Chain Vest
2. Frozen Mallet
3. Maw of Malmortius
4. The Bloodthirster
5. Randuin's Omen
6. Guardian Angel

RUNES:
ArPen (mark)
Flat Armor (seal)
MR/lvl (glyph)
Mov Speed (quint)

MASTERIES:
21/9/0

Do you guys have some suggestions?

FDru

08-31-2012

I can kill a lot, but I die a lot too and I don't know if it's a problem with my build or my gameplay. I'm currently building him this way:

ITEMS:
1. Mercury's Treads
- Prospector blade
- Phage
- Hexdrinker
- Chain Vest
2. Frozen Mallet
3. Maw of Malmortius
4. The Bloodthirster
5. Randuin's Omen
6. Guardian Angel

RUNES:
ArPen (mark)
Flat Armor (seal)
MR/lvl (glyph)
Mov Speed (quint)

MASTERIES:
21/9/0

Judas Priest

08-31-2012

FDru, I didn't understand why you copied part of my message.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

He either wanted to quote you and accidentally erased the code or is telling the truth. Sadly the only thing i can tell you about the topic is that Phage and hexdrinker are core on Darius their upgrades are much situational and depend on the match, also if you find yourself dying a lot you should get Mercury treads otherwise you'll be okay with boots of lucidity. i'd also swap those Arpen marks for ad/lvl marks since you already get enough Arpen with E and Flat+Percentual doesn't mix really well together.

Redeemed In Fire

08-31-2012

Build:
Boots/Prosp > Mercs
Sanguine
Wits End + Glacial Shroud (In whatever order makes sense for the game)
Randuins/FoN
Finish FH
Now, replace your prosp with one of the following:
* Randuins/FoN(whichever you didn't get before)
* Another offensive item like Maw/IE (If you're rolling in cash, it's coming down to the wire, and you just need to hit harder)
* Bulk via Frozen Mallet

I just use fairly stock runes/masteries, the only thing of note is taking the defense mastery for the Revive bonus.

Some explanation:
If you play your cards right (or maybe if the enemy team is idiots, I don't know), you can get by with just the prosp+mercs for long enough to get a Sanguine. This offers a lot of offense and sustain in one item. Then I need to start getting resistances fairly quickly, but I do it via means that also boost his damage output:
* Wits End offers bonus magic onhit (he autos a lot) and 40% AS. Why attack speed? It's important to hit 5 stacks as quickly as possible for the W CD reduction, and the Wits gets you there a lot faster. This might not seem like much, but it's the difference between having 5 seconds on your W CD and 3 seconds because you had enough time to hit 5 stacks before using it to lock them in place.
* Glacial Shroud offers additional mana (not huge but it pretty much stops him from being OOM) and CDR. CDR is important because he's a semi-caster and 15% CDR is 15% more Qs, more uptime on W slow, 15% more pulls, and 15% faster ult if you mis-use it.
The rest is reasonably obvious once you think about it.

Risemix

08-31-2012

FDru is such a bitter troll. I mean really.

FDru

08-31-2012

If you saw his post before he edited it, you would understand

Judas Priest

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
If you saw his post before he edited it, you would understand
I saw the post before I added "Do you guys have some suggestions?", but I still don't understand.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

I really like Entropy -> Atma's Impaler on Darius. Entropy gives an ass load of ad along with a good chunk of health, two things that Darius loves. The guaranteed slow on the active goes a long way with your W, and your damage over time goes from "wow" to "oh my ****ing god", and then getting Atma's gives you a nice additional chunk of ad along with a boost in armor.

I think the item is underused a lot on bruisers that aren't auto-attack heavy. The stats are great, and while it's expensive the damage and slow on it are invaluable.

Hexdrinker is also still very core on him too.

LegendaryEnemy

09-01-2012

Do not play Darius on Dominion as a courtesy to your fellow players. Those found hoarding large amounts of money while others suffer and those who play Darius will die in the revolution.