Advice to all of you ''OP'' volibears

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-13-2012

Necrobear.

billythemfinggoa

11-15-2012

2 warmogs, merc treads, atmas. gg OP

SHood247

03-21-2013

Nah, Warmogs, your choice of boots, Zephyr, SV, Randuins and either Tri, Gauntlets or BOTRK is the best volibear top build in the world. AS for Ult, Hp for w, SV for passive, Zephyr/tri for some extra ms and he is overall pretty tough.

bhalbur

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7he White Guy View Post
We all know that voli is OP but keep in mind hes damn tank hes not a carry! i repeat he is NOT a carry! So when your playing voli and your laning with the adc your role is to make sure he gets fed... we all know how easy it is to get a kill using his bite but a team could benifit waaayyy more with a fed katarina or draven! so when playing voli dont take the adc's kills... ive won games before because the other teams voli decided hes gonna use his E to take the kills leaving their adc with nothing and we ran all over them!! So please for the love god play volibear as an OP tank!
you mean W

Martyrofsand

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythemfinggoa View Post
2 warmogs, merc treads, atmas. gg OP

Had a voli try this against me when I was Cassio, I bought Liandry's+Rylias+morellos he never touched me and kept complaining about how OP I was melting him so damn fast inspite of all his health.

L2resistances, health isn't the be all end all anymore.

Mrdinglbry

04-04-2013

cant forget about the ole static shiv on the great bear guys

Shenrir

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateDaddy View Post
I'm not really sure if you're trolling honestly. Is support Volibear incredibly annoying in blind pick because you didn't have a support with any form of hard CC (lets say, soraka)? Yes. However, is he easy to avoid? Yes. He's all melee and incredibly easy to poke. If you're the ADC or the other support in bot lane flirting around with him in melee range, you deserve to die. Honestly, just focus on CS and don't feed him. In order for him to become that "op tank" he needs to get CS. When he's support, he's just building GP10 and support items. His passive makes him somewhat tanky but ignite says hello.

Honestly, there's nothing really over-powered about him. He's an awful support. He has SOME decent match-ups in top lane. The best place for Volibear is in the jungle really. He has decent ganks, respectable clear-time and because of his passive, he can actually counter jungle fairly well since most junglers (other than shaco and eve) wont be carrying ignite.

So, as far as support Voli? Alistar, Leona, Nunu, Nautilus (who can also be an awesome jungle) all do it better. Even some of the more unconventional supports like Shen, Pantheon, Yorick (I've seen it and it SUCKS to lane against), Cho'gath and Malphite are way better.

And also, ironically enough, Zilean is a better support. Constant harass, an awesome ulti, crazy good utility, etc. Just don't be dumb and get in range or Volibear will have a special claw for Zilean.

EDIT: This was truly outrageous on my part. I forgot to mention Taric. He does it better, he truly truly does it better.
I found this post extremely biased. Either that or you've never laned against a good support Voli. Alistar, Leona, kay I get those two. They're pretty good supports, I enjoy them myself. Nunu and Nautilus? No way in hell can they compare to Voli. Nunu has a useless skill to sustain himself that can only be used against minions. He also has a skill that buffs you, which is alright, it's not too amazing. Then he can throw an iceball at you which does a lot of damage and slows. That's probably his only viable skill. I would talk about Nunu's ult, but seeing as you you find it super easy to avoid Volibear's Q in which he charges at you for 4 seconds (no CC can keep you away for 4 seconds, unless you're chain CCing) at a 15% MS speed boost, or 45% boost if it's an enemy champ, then you should be no trouble avoiding Nunu's ult which is just a wide radius AoE skill used by a champ who is clearly just standing still in which any CC you have can cancel it. Like are you that close minded to say Volibear is a, as you said, "awful support"? Not sure how your post got a thumbs up at all.

Note: Try laning against Volibear using Zilean, I dare you. Let's see you try and constantly harass when his skills use an obscene amount of mana. Also I'm not sure how you can as you say, "constantly harass" Volibear without getting in range of his Q. Your E is definitely not going to save you.

YohanasChimpo

04-05-2013

Why is this post up 8 months after it started

YohanasChimpo

04-05-2013

Seriously you think anyone who was here originally is gonna see any of these replies?

bigred66

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalkan View Post
You forgot to capitalize "if", and a comma between "intelligence" and "you".