new to twisted treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zwilt

08-30-2012

hey i have been playing league for a while and have always played summoner rift but i have recenty wanted to get in twisted treeline the only problem is how do you lay it like do you go 2 top and 1 bot or other way around and what are the roles like are there one tank one a caster and carry ?? all information is helpfull thanks

Szerano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Well for most normal TT games there are atleast three basic things:
1 tank
1 OR 2 ap (Depending on the tank)
1 OR 2 ad (Depending on the tank)
1 OR 2 bruisers (depending on the tank)
or 2 tanks
or all 3 tanks

it really doesn't matter as long as you know how to work as a team, ward, call mia/ping(regardless of wards)

Some general things about lanes are 9-10 times the tank will be bottom (some exceptions are olaf/darius) the ap carry will be bot and bruiser/tank top but some people are persistent and think that ad top is still a good idea, in some cases yes but most cases no.

Also a good idea to have the top laner capable of jungling (some more experienced players will ask you to solo bot and top while they jungle in that case you won't need to)

But overall this should suffice till someone like E1C shows up to correct any incorrect information but I think I'm straight. Also beware shyvana top lane.

zwilt

08-31-2012

ok thanks helps alot

SaveTheMaids

10-16-2012

All tank teams are so much fun.

They rarely happen... but when they do it's so entertaining.
No one cares about towers... and the fights are intense and all over the place.

Sam

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids View Post
All tank teams are so much fun.

They rarely happen... but when they do it's so entertaining.
No one cares about towers... and the fights are intense and all over the place.

Actually a lot of people care about towers, taking the top one does give you a more advantage toward the dragon and buffs on top because you don't have any way of having protection if you lose the fight.

Also here are some brief things you should know about TT :

1; Warding is essential, for controlling dragon and other buffs.
2. Item choices are very important, dorans are always good to start with and GP5s.(Except Avarice)
3. Champions mostly bruisers/AP burst champions
4. ROA/WARMOGS some terrible items
5. Jungling is recommended.
6. Don't except to farm 15 minutes like SR and have 1-3 team fights to decide games.

Skarenox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Welcome to the Twisted Gankline

I play Twisted Treeline when i just want to fight and gank and fight more and gank more and do zero farming, in this map you never know who's gonna win, you can win even with an afk player.

And for a team composition, the most common champions are the strongest/tankiest in SR, but there is no a permanent meta for this map, the team that is more substantial in my opinion is composed of 2 tanks and 1 AD carry either ranged or melee, but you can go 1 AP (tanky if posible) and 2 Bruisers, or any team you imagine.

Also at the beginning of the game in normal games ppl just rush to the bottom mid brush and gank there any face checker that comes into it (usually a noob ), or just gank anyone in any brush in the mid jungle, after that the most common is 1 Top (either AD, AP or Tank or whatever), and 2 bot (most recomended 1 tank and 1 AP), but as I say it's up to you and your teammates. Everything can work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
2. Item choices are very important, dorans are always good to start with and GP5s.(Except Avarice)
6. Don't except to farm 15 minutes like SR and have 1-3 team fights to decide games.
These are important points too

SaveTheMaids

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
Actually a lot of people care about towers, taking the top one does give you a more advantage toward the dragon and buffs on top because you don't have any way of having protection if you lose the fight.

Also here are some brief things you should know about TT :

You're right.
I should have specified.

I meant that tank teams tend to play really aggressively, often fighting each other while taking tower fire.
Both sides tend to gank constantly.
I really like games like that.

HayabusaZero

10-16-2012

Szerano, Såm and Desturiem explained very well.

This is a really agressive map setting, so expect a lot of ganking and roaming from both top and bot champs. MIA calls are essential in this one, and be careful at the shared jungle, because most of the time you will get low health from fighting the creeps (they do more damage than the SR ones) and team battles occure there a lot of the time (ward the entrance if possible).

Other than that, nothing more to add. Have fun in this map! =)

Unborn

10-17-2012

Learn how to play and farm in a 1v2 lane, if you're lucky, your team will have a jungler and the other will not, that can be a huge advantage if you have someone in the solo lane (usually bot) who can go 1v2 without feeding.

HayabusaZero

10-17-2012

zwilt, if you haven't check this out yet, go and have a look:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2673696