Bot lane synergy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VegaD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

So me and a friend got into an argument earlier. He plays support if he goes bot lane, and i'll try to get ad carry if I go bot. The argument here was that supports and ad carries don't have any "real" synergy.

Him: "Yeah, I just dont feel like there's a BEST support for any adcarry :3"

Me: "It's the same reason urgot janna is good. Janna gives urgot ad(Which he doesnt have high amounts of)
Urgot can supply a shield and so can janna
Urgot can slow, and so can janna
If janna lands a nado, urgot can land his lock on
SYNERGY"

Him: " I mean yeah. Some people wouldnt work together at all... but the way I see it. Ali is gonna be just as good with any other ad carry other than Vayne"

So, honest opinions on both of our standings? Please no flaming, only helpful things

Epsi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

There is a pretty large amount of synergy.. Every combo WILL work, but not as well as others

DaenerysTargaren

08-30-2012

I actually read what your friend said about alistar and vayne. I think hes completely wrong now. Alistar is probably the best support for vayne since he can protect her so well early on. He wont be able to kill lane with her that well til later if laning is dragged out but saying ali is bad with vayne is just silly. Leona and vayne on the other hand would be pretty bad unless you just are such a better player than the opposing team but then it wouldnt really matter would it?

Nephilum

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sprinkles View Post
Well alistar is just as good with vayne as he is with anyone else. He might be a better kill lane with say trist or graves than he is with vayne but ali is probably the best support for vayne based on how terrible her laning phase is and how much he can babysit her. So while i agree with you his point is true
Alistar can also displace the opponent next to the wall with his headbutt and Vayne can follow up with a condemn stun.

Nexialist

08-30-2012

Cait and Taric for stun traps if there is good communication.

Justlnfinite

08-30-2012

I honestly don't think your friend has a firm grasp on the workings of bottom lane if he doesn't understand that AD Carry and Support synergy does indeed exist and plays a huge part of whether or not you win lane. Assuming equal player skill, the bottom lane with better synergy wins.

ReL3vEx

08-30-2012

as far as synergy is concerned about bot lane champs heres the list...'

sona urgot switch and stun
mf and karma- super speed
alistar vayne- stupid cc kill lane
vayne leona- stupid cc kill lane
graves soraka- insane poke and armour
nunu ad kennen- movement and attack speed debuff
nunu vayne- movement and attack speed debuff
ez janna - stupid dmg
taric sivir- ap ad movement speed and attackspeed not to mention hella armour

there is more synergy in bot lane then you realiaze

Cakecicle

08-30-2012

Vayne... Urgot... Cait? Who the **** are they?!

DaenerysTargaren

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReL3vEx View Post
as far as synergy is concerned about bot lane champs heres the list...'

sona urgot switch and stun
mf and Janna super speed
alistar vayne- stupid cc kill lane
vayne leona- stupid cc kill lane
graves soraka- insane poke and armour
nunu ad kennen- movement and attack speed debuff
nunu vayne- movement and attack speed debuff
ez janna - stupid dmg
taric sivir- ap ad movement speed and attackspeed not to mention hella armour

there is more synergy in bot lane then you realiaze
I fixed one and have serious question on the other. Nunu vayne would get destoryed by just about anything. I mean later it would be awesome assuming you didnt get completely shut down but still the first like 15 minutes would be beyond hell unless they took another none sustain support and...yeah i cant think of anyone that nunu vayne would be effective against in lane which is what this topic is on

Digezz

08-30-2012

who goes well with draven?