List the ways to block Warwick's ultimatre so he 2 second stuns himself

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dooSheR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-30-2009

Does Banshee's Veil have the same effect that boost has to his ultimate? I would assume so, but I cannot seem to remember for certain.

Teran

07-30-2009

The thing I love about most of the ultimates in LoL is that there is a lot of risk associated with the potential reward. No ultimate is a guaranteed kill all the time but when used at the correct time it greatly increases the chances of the kill... take Tristana's for example. It does a lot of damage, but potentially knocks the enemy away... when used for just the damage, a miscalculation could result in the guaranteed escape of the enemy, on the other hand when used ideally you knock the enemy into a disadvantageous spot which greatly increases the chance of a kill.

Many of the issues listed in this thread should be fixed, but I think things specifically designed to counter his ultimate, as well as "luck" things like simultanious cast of flash should remain viable counters.... on the other hand, the ultimate should counter/trump Yi's alpha strike and other champion non-ultimates.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teran View Post
The thing I love about most of the ultimates in LoL is that there is a lot of risk associated with the potential reward. No ultimate is a guaranteed kill all the time but when used at the correct time it greatly increases the chances of the kill... take Tristana's for example. It does a lot of damage, but potentially knocks the enemy away... when used for just the damage, a miscalculation could result in the guaranteed escape of the enemy, on the other hand when used ideally you knock the enemy into a disadvantageous spot which greatly increases the chance of a kill.

Many of the issues listed in this thread should be fixed, but I think things specifically designed to counter his ultimate, as well as "luck" things like simultanious cast of flash should remain viable counters.... on the other hand, the ultimate should counter/trump Yi's alpha strike and other champion non-ultimates.
The alpha strike business should get settled when the glitch is fixed. "Teleport to target!" "No target found!" "Teleport to nothing!"

Engarde

Adjudicator

07-30-2009

I would agree that it just needs to be able to be canceled, it isnt so bad if you don't 2 second stun yourself.

Ron Fendo

07-30-2009

Honestly summoner skills are a cool concept, but they cause many problems when added too certain heroes just because the heroes are made a certain way. I regularly play amumu and had a game where I was basicly using his ulti as a nuke because the entire team ran boost. I have never been so frustrated in my life playing a game. I think that some of the summoner skills give for some stupid moments. IE getting away from ganks theres no reason you should get away from because of the way these moves work. I think making it so they can't be used with ulti's or honestly remove boost and replace it with just a spell shield.

Adonis

Emissary of the League

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwa View Post
I haven't seen too many folks running with Boost, myself, I run with Exhaust and Teleport. While I do play Yi, it's not always a given that AS will be up, or that half your team won't be surrounding me when I come out of a glitched phase.

Flash, again requires that it be up, and I've only seen certain types of folks with Flash (Nunu/Fiddle anyone?!).

This is a joke post, right? :P

i played in a game last night where 8/10 of us had boost/flash as our summoner spells, and that's not that untypical for pubs where people don't choose teambsased skills as much.

Maybe you don't see the spells because you're too low a level to be in games with lots of flashes?

Wobey

Recruiter

07-30-2009

I have noticed that with any of the Abilities that teleport you to your target, and do something like, his ult, or Master Yi's blink attack ability that if the target does anything to instantly move them, or make them unable to be hurt.

Or if the target dies even it will cause the attack to break badly. (its worse when master YI try to attack a dead minion, he goes missing for 5-10 seconds)

Fatwa

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
This is a joke post, right? :P

i played in a game last night where 8/10 of us had boost/flash as our summoner spells, and that's not that untypical for pubs where people don't choose teambsased skills as much.

Maybe you don't see the spells because you're too low a level to be in games with lots of flashes?
Nope, lots of 30s, which I am nearly myself (29). I saw mostly Heal/Ghost. I don't play 'competitive', only pub, which is what a number of people do/will do. The people I ran with had a variety of spells selected, ranging from Teleport, Fortify, Clairvoyance, Exhaust, etc. It was generally all over the map.

The difference between our posts is that I stated an observation, and you just tried to discount the observation by attempting to pass yours off as fact. You're one of many fish in the sea, your experiences may very well differ from a number of other people.

Xrystus

07-30-2009

Rammus: oooooh yeaaaa, scratch that itch warwick, up a little, up a little! yea right there... ahhhhh...

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

07-30-2009

Singed Toss.