So how is Evelynn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stez007

09-02-2012

In one of the in-house games yesterday I played AP Eve and went 29-13-11. She absolutely does not fall off lategame, midgame or early game. She's a powerhouse assassin throughout the game, so long as you think like an assassin.

Aroyok

09-02-2012

With DFG, AP Eve has 2 %hp attacks. Those things keep her damage relevant at all times. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, her ult deals damage based on total %hp(as opposed to current %hp ala DFG), which means nuking with DFG THEN ulting is what murderfaces

lonewanderer118

09-02-2012

Thinks for the advice, I'm not used to playing assassins like Eve so I think I need to work on my hit and run tactics. I was always afraid to commit to DPSing a target down unless I had teammates nearby, and I often found myself getting bursted down quickly. I probably need to be more cautious.

HaIfhearted

09-02-2012

Yeah, with 300-400 AP, Eve can burst for like, 50-60% of maximum hp with her DFG+ult combo.

I know CaptnBuwberry has DFG as core, and he definitely gets Void Staff too.
I believe next he either goes Sheen>Lich for extra damage, or WoTA if he wants a bit of sustain.

Redeemed In Fire

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stez007 View Post
In one of the in-house games yesterday I played AP Eve and went 29-13-11. She absolutely does not fall off lategame, midgame or early game. She's a powerhouse assassin throughout the game, so long as you think like an assassin.
This is all very well and good, but 50% burst doesn't matter when the average bruiser dives whatever you're trying to protect, kills them, and THEN spends 5 seconds before falling apart from your meh sustained dps. Or if you're taking aggro, 900 shield will last you all of 1 second because you didn't buy resistances to back it up (and you can't because AP eve desperately needs as much AP as you can give her).

It's an OK build, and has its strengths, but doesn't really play to Eve's entire kit IMO. All that stickiness barely matters when you tickle after the megaburst, it takes a bunch of time to get Lich Bane, and you need a very specific/odd amount of CDR to maximally use lichbane.

Also re: WotA: I would avoid it unless A: your kit already heavily synergizes with sustain (see Morde, Swain), and/or B: you have at least one other champion that can use the spellvamp (and they'll be buying one too). Otherwise, spend the 500 more on a Rylais or something. Eve's kit doesn't satisfy A unless there are minions to Q, and eve's kit doesn't satisfy B if she goes bot to satisfy A. (Revolver into Gunblade is pretty solid though)

Stez007

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
This is all very well and good, but 50% burst doesn't matter when the average bruiser dives whatever you're trying to protect, kills them, and THEN spends 5 seconds before falling apart from your meh sustained dps. Or if you're taking aggro, 900 shield will last you all of 1 second because you didn't buy resistances to back it up (and you can't because AP eve desperately needs as much AP as you can give her).

It's an OK build, and has its strengths, but doesn't really play to Eve's entire kit IMO. All that stickiness barely matters when you tickle after the megaburst, it takes a bunch of time to get Lich Bane, and you need a very specific/odd amount of CDR to maximally use lichbane.

Also re: WotA: I would avoid it unless A: your kit already heavily synergizes with sustain (see Morde, Swain), and/or B: you have at least one other champion that can use the spellvamp (and they'll be buying one too). Otherwise, spend the 500 more on a Rylais or something. Eve's kit doesn't satisfy A unless there are minions to Q, and eve's kit doesn't satisfy B if she goes bot to satisfy A. (Revolver into Gunblade is pretty solid though)
The thing is, you don't target bruisers as AP Eve. You are an assassin, your one and only duty is to kill their squishiest target. You do that, then you leave and either come back into the fight later or go gank bot. In and out, that's your job. AP Eve does that as well as (if not better than) any other assassin. You'll see soon enough; when assassins get back into the meta--and they will, what with the prevalence of squishy carries and tanks as opposed to bruiser-heavy comps--I predict AP Eve will be one of the premier choices.

Redeemed In Fire

09-03-2012

As a squishy assassin, sure she's good. But the problem is bruisers are way too prevalent, and I suspect they'll stay that way till they fix Dominion once and for all...

Moka Akashiya xx

09-03-2012

I don't think i'm going to buy Eve.

TempName3741

09-04-2012

People who say Eve suck are dumb.

Boots of Mobility -> Guinsoo -> Sheen -> Giant Belt -> Hextech -> Triforce

Rest of the build is w.e

I've gone 10-2 with Eve as support on bottom one game. People just don't know.

And also, she is probably one of the best solo bots in Dominion and if you know what you're doing.

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

I've been playing a bit of AP Eve lately.

She does pretty insane burst, and has decent melee DPS once you get a Lichbane. The main problem is that she's extremely squishy if you don't land an ult on at least 2 people.

My build varies a bit depending on what I want to do.
Spells are Revive and either Exhaust or Ignite, depending on player preference and team need.

For single-target assassin Eve:
21/9/0
MPen
Armor or HP/lvl
CDR or AP/lvl or MR
MPen or flat AP or MS
Core is Pros. Ring, DFG, boots (CDR or Mobility)
Usually get Void Staff next, or Deathcap if I'm rolling in money/they haven't gotten MR yet.
Lichbane is good, rest is situational

For more teamfight-oriented DPS Eve:
9/21/0
Same runes (usually the more defensive choices)
Same core (can also use Sorc's shoes)
Abyssal or Frozen Heart
The other one
Can get Void Staff, Lichbane, or Rylai's next, or more Armor or MR. Depends what you need.
This build gives you more survivability in teamfights if there's no one you can assassinate easily. Other casters can do this better though, so stick to the assassin build if possible.

For other items, Sweeper is always good if there's a Vayne you need to kill, and you can go tanky-MPen with Guise/Abyssal/Sorcs, though that gives up some of your insane ratios.