Vlad Complaints + help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosGopherSucks

09-17-2010

Gotta ask people to explain why vlad's not OP:

1. massive health towards end (spirits visage + rylai's = wowzers)
2. a skill that allows him to survive just about everything (seriously, no target + SLOW? I mean ok, we can argue that no target isn't that great, but SLOW? how r u gonna catch up to him now?? I can think of only about...5 champs that have a chance of catching up to him without using summoner abilities. So now we're forced to carry summoner abilities for him?)
3. Really can't die. Life steal. Pool. Massive health. If my whole team focuses him yeah i think we have a chance of taking him down.
4. Annoying. Yeah, I understand he isn't very powerful towards endgame (so i've been told), but who cares if he doesn't die? He's life stealing me for a few amounts, but over so much time that i still die eventually.

So, any help on vlad would be appreciated.

Thirsty Squid

09-17-2010

1. Some characters have more health than others. That is a fact of the game. I'm surprised you aren't complaining about the mana instead.
2. The blood pool, as a means of escape, is not that great unless near a turret. It lasts shortly, drains a good bit of health, and can easily be countered by stunning or slowing him before or after he gets the chance.
3. Yes, he can die. Just because you have problems killing him does not mean others can not. Massive health + life steal can apply to a number of other characters, especially with certain builds.
4. Annoying? That's a trait of being overpowered? Well, I guess Singed and Zilean are OPed now. Everyone can damage you, and guess what? Over so much time, that kills you, too.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

1). Vlad plays like Ezreal
2). The ezreal playstyle is OP by nature
3). He's currently better at being a hit/run mage than Ezreal is
4). Nerf his AD ratios, it worked for EZ.

Bandini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

Get at him during laning phase. Put a champion that can keep him low and prevent him from last hitting, even if you have to switch up your lane combos. If there's a vlad on the other team when I play Annivia, I always ask to lane against him.

This thread comes up quite often, but if you keep the pressure on him early he can't get his farm on. It's about hitting him hard when transfusion is on a high cooldown. Once he gets to level 7-9 he can pretty well keep himself healed if you don't pressure him.

SlyGoat

09-17-2010

Vlad is overpowered, and I think most people with a brain realize this. Not sure what you're getting at.

Acrior

09-17-2010

yeah but you really need to outclass him severely as anivia to consistently beat him in mid
if he plays carefully he will still get fed. If you play carefully you basically forfeit your lane against him.

Dethknell

09-17-2010

teemo is op.

Gunslinger

09-17-2010

1. Madred's razer hits harder the more hp they have.
2. Buy magic resist, makes him do less damage, and less life stolen.
3. Buy a frozen mallet or rylai's and slow him back.
4. Make him waste his pool early in the fight by faking an aggressive attack (it has a long cooldown).
5.Ignite cuts healing and regen by 50%. Save it for vlad, or warwick or any lifesteal champ instead of blowing it on ashe.

Honestly, not even champion can beat any champion. Vlad will be OP against some classes, but he gets wrecked by physical carries. If you make him waste his pool before you use all your cooldowns, you can guarantee he doesn't get away. Vlads either use the pool to slow you down, or to run away. Make him make a mistake with it.

Acrior

09-17-2010

vlad gets more annoying and dangerous the longer you drag out the pre-fight poking

you open up on him, he can't do ****
you begin a 2 minute poking match, expect tears

Arathil

09-17-2010

Vlad is simply no fun to play against in his current state. His absolutely broken combination of skills have no feasible counter if played by a skilled player in his current state. With arguably one of the best escape/harass methods in the game, you cannot face off against him without putting yourself in an extremely gank-prone position.

TLR Version: Vlad is broken and is simply no fun to play against.