Countering MF on mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kenshin3225

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-24-2010

Haven't played too much mf but owned mid until this game against a AD Janna. She did not use Q at all. She would shield up, walk over creeps and harrass and deny me. The shield makes trading hits extremely bad for me and her W hurts. If I try to ult, she would ult and I would be shooting at my tower. Even with mf's passive, Jenna is one of the fastest with her passive and W and walking pass creeps with her shield deniede a lot of gold.

Khip

09-24-2010

lol mf is like ashe version 2.5.no wonder you are getting rolled by her

Puzzl3

09-24-2010

She uses her mana pretty quickly so all u have to do is last hit and if ur ashe i think she has longer range then mf. use that to ur advantage. If worst comes to worst tower hug. Also if u think shes going to attack u with double tap go to the side.

KylianYo

09-24-2010

While picking, if they get a MF, I like to get mord and lane her mid. He is tough to harrass out of a lane

TacoMental

09-25-2010

Not sure how to counter as ashe but I mid as Tryndamere and beat her regularly. Key for me is crit + spin, shout flash and ghost. She is one of the tougher mids and sometimes gets me if she hits 6 before i do. But i try to send her back to the fountain before that.

Numbat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2010

I've never had a problem with MF since I learned how you can dodge double shot. If you actually just run back and forth between your creeps it makes it very hard for her to land it. It prioritizes a 70 degree arc behind the first creep, but you're moving so close it it you're already outside of the arc so it will harmlessly hit a ranged creep. Even if you're in the primary arc there's still 1-2 ranged creeps behind you that the RNG might strike first. If there's only one creep line either be in front of your creeps harassing so that you can only take the weaker of the two hits, or be far enough back that double up can't hit you.

Note also that a lot of champs have a higher autoattack range than MF. Nidalee isn't one of them (which I imagine would be more of a problem for me if I was higher Elo) but champs like Ashe, Kassadin, Tristina, and even Teemo can outrange MF with abilities or their own attacks. This means that if you play aggressive you can simply zone MF out with your harass once you have double shot under control (or even before it becomes a problem).

Remember, movement speed, especially out of combat movement speed, is fairly useless if all the places you want to walk are places where the other mid automatically hits you.

Also keep in mind that MF's passive makes her a fast ganker, so always call your MIAs quickly or your allies might pay the price.

Robalypse

09-25-2010

Agree with the positioning to the side of minions (once they're engaged with friendly minions). That way her ricochet shot, whatever it's called, is a lot harder to hit you with. In fact it seems essential to avoid it as people seem to pump that up and it can do some nasty damage. Try to stay moving when possible and be prepared for her AoE bombardment.

Sivir is usually my main, so well timed spell shields and spiral blades can usually drain her into a few base returns. It still seems weird I have to maximize my playing against a MF to even hold my own though. That's not really the case with any other champ I've encountered mid.