Countering MF on mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoIdfuzion

09-17-2010

I usually encounter MF a lot since i play Heimerdinger. Heres my countering strat.

a) get rid of strut. This may sound like a very monumentous task but it really isnt. 1 hit will bring her from that fast speed to normal. This is done very easily by killing creep waves faster then her. You just need 1 creep to hit her.
b) Harrass her. With a normal speed MF she should be as susceptible to harassment as any other champion.
c) Outmana. If the MF is ******ed she will take that barrage thing to farm creeps faster. That costs a lot of mana. Her double tap also will hit a wave behind the target. Be wary of how your creeps are fighting. I usually go to one far side and just do my basic attack. When the MF runs towards my side I move back. She'll hit me every once in a while but it wont kill me. Usually she'll hit a creep and that is a waste of mana for her. As heimerdinger who uses mana like nuts (especially against MF who can take down my turrets easily) I usually end up keeping my mana higher then my opponent and gauge when an attack is coming from how much mana she has.
d) Be vigilante. Use wards if your in the middle. 180 gold saves me a lot of deaths. Her ultimate is a channel as well. A lot of times the MF im facing gets sick of me and just outright uses her ultimate to kill off my turrets and do damage to me. I simply use a nade to stun or blind her which neutralizes a lot of the damage (provided you stay coolheaded)

Thats more or less what i do. I highly recommend you be a range character in the mid against an MF. It just is easier. Also a very good MF will be a much harder card to beat but you should be ok with these tips. Just dont go nuts and try to gank her when her hp seems low.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

Have someone (usually your jungler) gank her as unlike most other mids she has 0 way to escape a gank besides blowing her summoner spells. Even if it fails she will be far more passive afterwards

Togoland

09-17-2010

As mid your goal is to farm minions and to get that gold. Kills are not necessary. Harassing and zoning so as not to let your opponent farm is important too, but you do not need to kill them.

Grinningsphinx

09-18-2010

So far, using a 9/0/21 build, Mpen reds and all the rest in mana regen per 5 and taking Clarity/Improved Ghost, and starting item Meki Pendant >Manamune, there hasnt been a single toon that ive not been able to consistently outfarm, even Heimer. Just never never push up on someone without geting them caught in at least a little of Make it Rain and your gold... Your superior move speed at that point lets you harass with impunity.

Like Togo said, the aim of midding as MF isnt to kill anyone, its to vastly outfarm your opponent and maybe force them to port back once or twice. When i do MF in mid, Im never past the half point in the lane ever, or even near the bushes, unless i can account for all 4 other players. Getting ganked in mid as MF is just about the worst thing you can do all game, other then straight up sitting at your nexus.

Vindictiv

09-24-2010

i main both. Any good player wont get hit that much with double up. So i use make it rain. It absolutly level the creeps, hurt champions, slow them for free harass and let me stay back (if needed) while i collect gold and xp.

And thats my problem, i cant play ashe any more cause any MF should easilly walk all over me. Came to check if anyone had any good tricks and nothing that you guys wrote could even beging to be a problem.

TSP Cinnabar

09-24-2010

A good twitch player is a nice mid counter for MF, especially if they don't buy wards. It's not hard to mid vs. MF with Ashe. Like others have said, stand to the side of the creeps.

Harbin

09-24-2010

Nidalee and Mordekaiser counter her extremely well. Although her impure shots really hurt nidalee, if you can duck in and duck out, getting in small hits where possible, you can outlast through judicious use of heals. Also Morde just goes 'bah puny shots. siphon!'

Evangelion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Um. So. MF.

The problem is that she runs so fast, she can out run your volley. >_>

Plus as soon as your volley is on cd, she can rape you, or at least force you out of exp range. Make it Rain + Double Shot + W is way more than you're pumping out with auto attacks.

TSP Cinnabar

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion View Post
Um. So. MF.

The problem is that she runs so fast, she can out run your volley. >_>

Plus as soon as your volley is on cd, she can rape you, or at least force you out of exp range. Make it Rain + Double Shot + W is way more than you're pumping out with auto attacks.
Focus on farming and not trying to kill her. Problem solved.

Evangelion

09-24-2010

Alright lemme rephrase that. She runs up to you, baits your volley, runs backwards fast enough that it doesn't touch her, then runs forward to drop around a quarter of your health every time.

And yes, I am mad. After you've been buttpwnt by freaking Reaperd soloing mid against you because for some godforsaken reason he was dual queueing with a friend... then he's like "second MF game btw. "

I raged, hard.

I guess he was just way better than me, but still... the problem is that he didn't LET me farm. He just played crazy aggressive and got away with it.