Countering MF on mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sideswing

09-17-2010

i'd like to throw it out there and possibly start this thread to help myself, and other about how to counter a MF on mid. as a MF on mid is nearly impossible to shutdown, from my experiences. now, i main ashe, and MF makes ashe look like a lvl1 fiddle compared to a lvl6 mundo. although i've been able to strategize an arrow > stun > slow till dead as most MF would just run away after taking any damage. the problem with that is that most of them pack ghost. so even if i do get them stunned and slowed, they just ghost away and walk back paying a 300dmg double up and 450 run speed.

anyone got any good tips for a hard counter on MF early game on mid?

Sithire v2

09-17-2010

Don't suck

Sideswing

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdigital View Post
Don't suck
it's kind of hard not to suck when a MF is 500 meters from a minion and shoots a double tap which travels another good 300 meters behind the minion and hits you for 200dmg at lvl5 non stop.

Catloaf

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswing View Post
it's kind of hard not to suck when a MF is 500 meters from a minion and shoots a double tap which travels another good 300 meters behind the minion and hits you for 200dmg at lvl5 non stop.
Don't stand behind your creeps? Stand to the side of them.

Gato Muerto

09-17-2010

I agree w/ the "stand to the side" comment. Positioning is key to getting minions between you and that double-tap, so the RNG doesn't spike you.

In addition, don't worry as much about trying to push the lane. Your goals in mid are as follows:
1) Don't die.
2) Don't die.
3) Don't die.

If you fulfill the first three goals, then think about following up with:
4) Protect your tower from damage.
5) Last hit.
6) Harass your opponent.

And finally, if you are successful in all of the above, then go for:
7) Push to the opponent's tower.
8) Take down the tower.

But seriously, unless you feel confident about taking out the opponent (keeping in mind all jungle/mia opponents), take care of the first 6 goals. If you don't think you can handle the first 3, then ask for a trade, but make sure you do it early.

As an aside: Ashe mid? You seriously don't have a different teammate that needs the solo lane more? I hate the greedy SOBs that demand mid even though there is another teammate that could do better (or would starve out their lanemate).

Zeero

09-17-2010

I have been able to shutdown MF pretty well playing mid as Kassadin. I can always answer her shots with just as much or more damage and with the strength of spirit talent I can stay in lane well with decent regen and a couple of health pots.

Sideswing

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato Muerto View Post
I agree w/ the "stand to the side" comment. Positioning is key to getting minions between you and that double-tap, so the RNG doesn't spike you.

In addition, don't worry as much about trying to push the lane. Your goals in mid are as follows:
1) Don't die.
2) Don't die.
3) Don't die.

If you fulfill the first three goals, then think about following up with:
4) Protect your tower from damage.
5) Last hit.
6) Harass your opponent.

And finally, if you are successful in all of the above, then go for:
7) Push to the opponent's tower.
8) Take down the tower.

But seriously, unless you feel confident about taking out the opponent (keeping in mind all jungle/mia opponents), take care of the first 6 goals. If you don't think you can handle the first 3, then ask for a trade, but make sure you do it early.

As an aside: Ashe mid? You seriously don't have a different teammate that needs the solo lane more? I hate the greedy SOBs that demand mid even though there is another teammate that could do better (or would starve out their lanemate).

umm excuse me? i don't demand mid. you might want to keep your assumptions and accusations to yourself. i don't "demand" anything nor am i a greed SOB, i take it if no one else feels confident. if you're curious half the time we don't have a better mid than me, you want to send a eve up mid? kk stop talking out of your ass. this thread is for ANYONE who COUNTERS, MF, on mid. not just for Ashe mid. i like how a simple thread on countering champions turns into a trollfest.

Grinningsphinx

09-17-2010

MF is pretty hard to counter in mid. If you want to avoid getting hit by Double Up, play her like your playing against malzahar... When theres only a few minions left, just move away and let her farm them...she cant land shots on you unless your close when those last two minions go.

Kassadins silence can be okay, but only if she isnt hugging her tower. A good MF player can time the creep waves so that they are just out of tower range, and last hit really, really well.

Heartbeat?

09-17-2010

as an ashe main i can tell you laning mid vs mf is a bit rough, but it can be done well.

first you'll want to hang out beside your ranged creeps, not behind them. if there is less than one creep line (melee minions are gone) hang out a ways behind your ranged minions as not to get hit by a double up.

you're going to want to play a little passive, waiting until mf shoots double up and hopefully it not hitting you. volley to knock her out of strut and here's the important part, turn on frost arrows and hit her a few times. if you dont hit her with auto attacks she won't really feel the harassment. if you do get hit by double up/make it rain its important to match your harass damage with hers

you dont really need to worry about impure shots or make it rain more than you do double up.

if you can get her down to less around 350 hp your ult+volley+a few auto attacks combo should kill her even if she does ghost. encase you don't know the combo, you want to ult at about volley range, run up a little, volley, turn on frost arrows and just hit her for her remaining hp.

Sideswing

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost25 View Post
as an ashe main i can tell you laning mid vs mf is a bit rough, but it can be done well.

first you'll want to hang out beside your ranged creeps, not behind them. if there is less than one creep line (melee minions are gone) hang out a ways behind your ranged minions as not to get hit by a double up.

you're going to want to play a little passive, waiting until mf shoots double up and hopefully it not hitting you. volley to knock her out of strut and here's the important part, turn on frost arrows and hit her a few times. if you dont hit her with auto attacks she won't really feel the harassment. if you do get hit by double up/make it rain its important to match your harass damage with hers

you dont really need to worry about impure shots or make it rain more than you do double up.

if you can get her down to less around 350 hp your ult+volley+a few auto attacks combo should kill her even if she does ghost. encase you don't know the combo, you want to ult at about volley range, run up a little, volley, turn on frost arrows and just hit her for her remaining hp.
that's exactly how i work it as well. volley + auto attack with frost is a good combo, also saving up crit for auto attack is nice too. ulti+volley+ frost shots is great as well. i'm just having a hard time avoiding double up, and the last time i ulti'd and got a MF down to 17hp she ghosts away safely. gettin annoyed of it honestly. :/