Jayce is overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoonabomber

08-26-2012

Jayce is an incredibly strong champion because of his sustained bursty/sustained damage. The reason why I say this is because all but one of Jayces abilities result in immediate damage, and many can be combined to result in even greater amounts of damage. Now before we move on I want to recognise that Jayce's early game resistances aren't good enough for him to actually drop all this damage before other, stronger early game champions can.

What I'm specifically talking about here is Jayces mid to late game. Because of the enhanced movement speed and resistances provided by his "ultimate" it really allows him to jump into things and unload all of that damage while still being pretty tanky. It's almost like having a ranged AD Carry that can jump into the fight and tank when they unload the bulk of their damage.

This is why I think Jayce is definitely too strong.

Shaboinker

08-26-2012

No comparisons, statistical proof to back up your argument? Fuk it your right have an up vote.

naotasan

08-26-2012

Ah yes, when I get owned by champions, I too make two threads about it complaining.

DevlJoe

08-26-2012

I would agree, but only if you got up to four threads.

Yoonabomber

08-26-2012

bump

Phourc

08-26-2012

of course he is, but you don't really give us much to go on with this topic, haha.

naotasan

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoonabomber View Post
bump
Alright since you're serious, let me give you a quick run down.

Riot won't significantly nerf a champion simply because he excels in Dominion, Twisted Treeline, or Proving Grounds. Riot bases their balance around Summoners Rift.

Sure they'll try but it usually ends up not working at all (remember the Kassadin "nerf"?). You have to convince Riot that he's over powered across multiple game modes that include Summoners Rift.

Additionally, Jayce is a "high skill cap" champion as most like to put it, meaning if the person doesn't know how to play Jayce, he's going to get smashed.

Finally, in closing, if you play Blind Pick you're going to have to accept the fact that people will play OP champions simply because they can. If you need help bottom lane, you should be asking for ganks from someone with high mobility or gap closer so Jayce can't escape.

I hope this resolves your issues.

FDru

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Additionally, Jayce is a "high skill cap" champion as most like to put it, meaning if the person doesn't know how to play Jayce, he's going to get smashed
I lol'd

The only thing getting smashed when a "bad Jayce" is around is his keyboard, and he'll still do just fine. He's just absurd when actually played well.

naotasan

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
I lol'd

The only thing getting smashed when a "bad Jayce" is around is his keyboard, and he'll still do just fine. He's just absurd when actually played well.
Well.. you know, at a higher level of play, it's pretty hard to do bad with Jayce.

But at those lower levels where people don't know what they're doing, rolling their face across the keyboard won't solve every problem

Orphane

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Well.. you know, at a higher level of play, it's pretty hard to do bad with Jayce.

But at those lower levels where people don't know what they're doing, rolling their face across the keyboard won't solve every problem
No, actually with Jayce it pretty much will.