Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion + Skarner= ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zagna

08-29-2012

I just recently decided to choose Skarner in dominion to see how he does. And i am shocked to say that i love using him there even more than as a jungler in the summoners rift.

For starters, he is a beast when trying to fight him one on one early on, making him a great candidate for bottom if it remains that way. If the numbers change however, he will need back up in order to continue holding the bottom.

Later on when you get more money, he can even become tanky and be able to take on more than one champ- although it might be better to take on one at a time still or have back up. His combination of Crystal Slash and Exoskeleton makes him a great team player as well, especially when the team is trying to chase down a couple champions to slay. Skarner can bolt right ahead and slow them down to let the team catch up and snag the kills.

It may be true that he is not going to last long against many foes, but he can solo well enough to where other players would hesitate to move out to try and sneak a catch on their own- especially with his ultimate to make use of turret camping and softening them up.

Anyways, i wanted to hear your opinions on this, as i am the only one who has used Skarner in a dominion battle from the way i see it.

MyDeadGrandma

08-29-2012

I've seen him do reasonably well botlane against most melees, even Jax and managing to hold off a (terrible) Yorick. He can do well against certain ranged early on if he abuses the speed shrine and plays hyper aggressive.

Pretty poor showing top, though.

Demonite10

08-30-2012

Skarner, at a certain point, is a viable counter to Yorick. In my experience, he can only excel up top if there's somebody else to tank, otherwise, he's an interesting bot

Nekrogen

08-30-2012

ITT: People who didn't know Mollica (RIP)

Nyx87

08-30-2012

Quote:
Nekrogen:
ITT: People who didn't know Mollica (RIP)

I used to target ban Skarner in draft if I knew Mollica was in queue. Rare to find good Skarners these days, unfortunately. Did he die or something?

Zagna

08-30-2012

Quote:
Nyx87:
I used to target ban Skarner in draft if I knew Mollica was in queue. Rare to find good Skarners these days, unfortunately. Did he die or something?

Is it really rare to find good Skarner players nowadays? I love Skarner, and i go a good job of supporting my team in even intermediate AI battles.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

08-30-2012

Top Skarner is a strong bush whacker, and a decent peeler. He does pretty good damage with just a sheen. Maybe paired with an ADC he would do well.

I have no idea how to play him bottom lane. For the people mentioning Mollica how do you play Skarner bottom?

TakoyakiGunso

08-30-2012

I usually go through cycles for types of champions I play Bruiser\ADCarry\Tank\AP. When I'm in the bruiser mood I'll usually field skarner (love the guy), but I dunno... I find it sometimes challenging to initiate fights (against points). Painfully obvious you're coming, but when you do catch someone I just can't stop laughing.

HaIfhearted

08-30-2012

I'm not a big fan of Skarner bot.
Skarner TOP, however, I feel is extremely powerful, especially since there's a lot less Malphites running around nowadays.

Perhaps I should go back to playing Skarner top and show you guys why I rate him so highly?

Metalfenrir

08-30-2012

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
I'm not a big fan of Skarner bot.
Skarner TOP, however, I feel is extremely powerful, especially since there's a lot less Malphites running around nowadays.

Perhaps I should go back to playing Skarner top and show you guys why I rate him so highly?

I approve of this proposition