2 weeks on client issues

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RitualMurder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

so for 2 weeks or so now ive been getting massive client issues

posted about 10 times in the support forums but didnt get any help so i figure ill try here

my client is just really laggy a lot of the time here is whats going on

once i am in queue and placed in champ slect the Join Champ Select window takes a long time to load (never used to) and sometimes i am unable to press the join button for up to 15 seconds while this occurs i can see my client lag as the animations and or chat slows to a crawl on my screen
once i do get into champ select my champ choosing is delayed takes about 3 seconds after i select
then i am completely unable to change my summoner skills about 75% of the time
when i click for the window 50% of the time it comes up blank for about 10-15 sec and loads and i am unable to click on anything, 25% of the time i can see the spells but when i click nothing happens
while this goes on with summoner spells i can see the rest of my client eating ****
the count down timer will jump 3-4 sec at a time the orange lines going across the hero slect on the left lag as well
2 weeks now

so annoying
should i just stick to eu? i dont have this issue there
and yes ive reinstalled. twice.

RitualMurder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

><

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

09-17-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We have a fix coming soon. In the meantime, minimizing, and then restoring your client should clear up the framerate issue.

AIM7Sparrow

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
We have a fix coming soon. In the meantime, minimizing, and then restoring your client should clear up the framerate issue.
Oh snap I thought this was only my ******ed computer. Cool to see it actually works for everyone.

Najster

09-17-2010

this has happened to me for a while as well, I also posted in the support forum about this and it got no response.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=236220

the frustrating thing is that when the client freezes while I'm picking my summoner masteries or summoner spells. At first, I tried restarting the client only to realize upon relogging that I got a nice fat leave on my record. Next few times it happened, I just had to sit there with a half-completed masteries page and play a game with only a handful of points invested in masteries and totally wrong summoner spells (clarity on shen who is running a 0/5/0 masteries build ftw!!!).

Any way to get a leave amnesty for those two leaves I incurred as a result?

ChaosAxess

09-17-2010

this is why adobe products outside of photoshop are a piece of ****

I, for one, welcome HTML5 to replace junk like Flash.

RitualMurder

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post

sometimes

ive been doing this it works on most thing but not summoner skills

once i get to that the client is basically non-responsive till the game starts

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

09-17-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Hmm, do you have the same problem on the masteries screen that you do on the summoner spells screen?