Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The lack of ranked or draft dominion really gets to me sometimes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

08-29-2012

Yes we have a draft mode, but no one plays it.

My biggest issues in dominion are the God tier OP champions like Yorick, Lulu and Kassadin, as well as having to face premades that are more skilled than my non premade team.

I don't care about the fact that mages fair more poorly on this map than bruisers do, nor do I care about things like the broken respawn timers, nor do I care about the issues present with the storm relic, or the lack of itemization for non bruisers. I care about the fact that so many games that I play are decided in champion select.

Did they pick a Yorick bot? Sweet I know how to counter him with Malz. I'm not going to play Malz every single game though in the hopes that I'm going to encounter a Yorick. When they do pick him there's a very good chance that no one on my team is able to deal with him bot lane. All game long my team is going to be at a huge disadvantage because no one can take bottom lane. If ranked or draft happened I could instead ban the hell out of that stupid champion, or bait the other team into picking him so I can crush him.

Is there a premade? Well ranked doesn't allow for anything beyond a duo queue. I'm not longer discouraged because I see the winners of the last DD tournament in a match against me with 4 randoms that I've never heard of before. Matchmaking is sometimes good at balancing teams against premades, but when it doesn't work oh my God it sucks.

I love dominion, and as much I love trolling this community and the forums, this is something that I'm very serious about. I don't think that ranked is going to solve all of dominion's problems. In my opinion it might even create a lot of new ones and divide the community, causing it to shrink more than ever. I still think however that changing the gamemode to allow for more balanced teams will provide more interesting and fun gameplay. Some of the best games I've had were with champions on both teams that weren't overplayed, with players - some of which I've known for a while now and others that I've never seen.

MyDeadGrandma

08-31-2012

Yep. At my wits end about who to play because of the constant anxiety of facing another ****ing Jax or Yorick bot. I go Nunu, and get jumped by Kass 24/7.

naotasan

08-31-2012

I've been asking for ranked for a long time now. Even the reds say they don't want to comment on it. The best we can do is wait to see if Season 3 has ranked. If not, well lets just say gg no re dominion.

Sazdek

08-31-2012

Or you can play the OP champs until draft becomes popular or we get ranked.