@certainlyT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

08-30-2012

Oh god I built Frozen Mallet and Maw, how ever am I going to survive with all these "DPS" items? lol

Anyway, really not interested in arguing with some feminine hygiene product who plays Darius in Dominion. Just be thankful Riot abandoned this map so you have a place to spam your retarded broken champs all day.

Redeemed In Fire

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Oh god I built Frozen Mallet and Maw, how ever am I going to survive with all these "DPS" items? lol

Anyway, really not interested in arguing with some feminine hygiene product who plays Darius in Dominion. Just be thankful Riot abandoned this map so you have a place to spam your retarded broken champs all day.
Nooooooo, we lost FDru to the dark side :<

(In other news, Fizz, Orianna, and Eve are apparently "retarded broken champs")

larkhill

08-30-2012

the problem with champion skill levels is that riot considers timing to be a skill. champions like yorick or darius are purely timing. you need to know when to ult or when to use your skills. bad yorick/darius champs will ult the wrong targets or at the wrong time.

for me, it is a skill, but i think a champ cannot be based purely on the skill of timing. each champ needs some sort of skillshot or skill order combination to make them interesting

MyDeadGrandma

08-31-2012

Individual hero skill cap based on abilities is an illusion; the skill it takes to play a hero is directly proportional to how strong they are in a particular scenario.

Take Cass and Sion for example: Cass is a 'high skill cap' hero (because throwing aoes and smartcasting E is apparently difficult), whereas Sions 'stun you, ulti, then right click with all my farm to win' is a faceroll hero. However, when you put them in the lane together, Cass will easily **** on Sion, harrassing him with little to no repercussions. To even be able to farm safely, the Sion will have to dodge every Q and not get zoned by W, essentially he has to know Cass better than the Cass knows Cass. For that instance, the skill cap of Sion is much higher than the Cassiopeia's.

Durrius is a low skill cap hero because of how strong he is in a dueling situation. You simply cant 1v1 because he was designed with stupid numbers that allow him to 1v1 people, one after another, with no downtime inbetween. If he actually had a chance of losing, if hitting the Q for the 50% extra every single time was necessary to win against another tanky derps, if he needed to time his W perfectly to reset his auto attack and gain sufficient CD on it from bleed stacks, if E didn't give free %arpen, if his ulti removed the bleed stacks so he'd have to think in advance whether or not he'd get the kill, he'd have a higher skill cap automatically.

TLDR- no such thing as a high skill cap hero that is a strong/OP pick.

Cauldrath

08-31-2012

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that FDru constantly complains about champions lacking skill when he mained Warwick for so long? I'm not saying Darius takes a ton of skill, but it can't be much worse than Warwick.

Also:

Quote:
no such thing as a high skill cap hero that is a strong/OP pick.
If you change that to high skill floor, I'd agree with you, but some champs are only OP in certain people's hands, like Riven and Ezreal.