@certainlyT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryEnemy

08-29-2012

Hello good sir,

I play Dominion. I see you designed Darius. How could you?

Ok. Ok. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off as accusatory. He is a cool champ, really. He has some really great animations, and he looks real great, its just you see, His R still resets on Dominion when he gets a kill, and with all of the damage and tankiness Dominion affords him, that kind of pushes him over the edge a bit, to be, ya know, kind of overpowered.

If his R didn't reset after a kill with it, I think we could learn to love him. He'd still hit like a truck and shrug off nub attempts to harm him, but he wouldn't be so... what's the word... HORRIBLY OMG WHY YOU PLAY HIM = DONT EVER HAVE CHILDREN DARIUS PLAYER I HATE YOU.

CertainlyT, It would be ok if this was changed.

Loves you, Honeys

Nekrogen

08-29-2012

Someone got dunked.

Yeah he needs looking into.

MyDeadGrandma

08-29-2012

He's a good bot laner, but I'd rather have a tanky derps up top that isn't a delayed damage threat and can actually prevent your squishies from dying with decent CC.

Redeemed In Fire

08-29-2012

He's really solid (and probably borderline too strong), which is sad because there is nontrivial skill in several aspects of his kit. I love playing him and have what is IMO a unique way to build him, but it's sad whenever people complain because I'm playing a "no skill OP champ" :<

DiscworldDeath

08-30-2012

On eu-w, people are fine facing most champions it seems. It seems on NA people keep asking for more bans, that this and that and about 10-15 champs are horribly OP. No counter-play, no skill, build what you want and still own messages thrown about. Trololololol.

Can't take these threads seriously anymore.

FDru

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
He's really solid (and probably borderline too strong), which is sad because there is nontrivial skill in several aspects of his kit. I love playing him and have what is IMO a unique way to build him, but it's sad whenever people complain because I'm playing a "no skill OP champ" :<
Pray tell, what skill is involved in playing Darius?

Is it landing his "skillshot" that goes through minions and is as wide as the California interstate highway?

Is it watching as your opponent dies to your passive damage?

Is it spamming Crippling Strike every 3 seconds for constant autoattack resets and a permaslow?

Is it knowing when to build armor pen and move speed, or never because you have it all built in for free?

Oh, nevermind, I know what it is. It's skillfully getting a killing blow with his pitiful 900 true damage ultimate!

tl;dr: Fire certainlyT

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Well you can compare him to Wukonh which is also ban worthy here, but needs the right moment and a really devious mind to pull it off, on the other hand Darius will just pull you off and button Mash a full combo at you.... the sad part is that the Mash combo strategy is nearly as effective as the wait for opportunity strategy which is not the case for Wukong.

Sighmon8x

08-30-2012

Just get someone ranged in there to kite him all day. Seriously. He can't do anything against ranged if they dodge his pull.

I've also had great luck with Poppy against him. But Poppy is kinda broken in Dominion.

Most people get destroyed by him because they run in, let him build up a heap of stacks on you which he'll then obliterate you with his ult because of it. Don't go against Darius if you're squishy melee. If you're a squishy ranged then stay out of his range, he's not ultra fast and he doesn't have any decent gap closing abilities.

Luninareph

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighmon8x View Post
Just get someone ranged in there to kite him all day. Seriously. He can't do anything against ranged if they dodge his pull.
The problem is Dom's close quarters and objectives. You can't just "kite him all day," because no smart Darius has any reason to chase you. Kills don't matter in Dom, just points. Having a champion that you can't really engage with on a small map that forces you to attack set and easily visible locations doesn't work out well.

Darius enforces the five-bruiser team that Dom is kind of trying to grow away from because he makes it almost impossible for any character with low maximum health to survive anywhere on the map. It's easy for him to set multiple stacks of his DOT up on multiple people in the small quarters of a Dom point, then ult them into immediate defeat with both stacking and ulting taking approximately four seconds. You can't hold a point as a squishy with a Darius on the map, because if he comes out of the jungle at you, you can't stop him. Nor can you help in a dive on a point Darius is defending, because he'll take you out in seconds and be able to turn his ult on the next person before their stacks run out either.

It doesn't help that RoA isn't usually a great option for squishies on Dom, so one of their primary health items is often off the table.

It's not like Darius is a magic insta-win button for Dom, but the "just don't engage him" wisdom that applies to SR doesn't do a damn thing to counter him here. At least not in my experience.

Redeemed In Fire

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Pray tell, what skill is involved in playing Darius?

Is it landing his "skillshot" that goes through minions and is as wide as the California interstate highway?
Which has a deceptive range and a high punishment for failure.

Quote:
Is it watching as your opponent dies to your passive damage?
FoN? Hexdrinker? Health pot? It doesn't dish significant damage until late, and by then you've had ample time to pick up a counter token itemization.

Quote:
Is it spamming Crippling Strike every 3 seconds for constant autoattack resets and a permaslow?
Which is a tradeoff of having no way to lock someone down on the initial pull if he holds W till 5 stacks (~3 seconds, anyone with a dash/speed buff/blink can get out of the danger zone then)

Quote:
Is it knowing when to build armor pen and move speed, or never because you have it all built in for free?
The arpen is perhaps your one good point (he gets 40% free from mastery+aura+E passive). He's still hideously immobile despite the token 5% MS/champion bleeding, since you're unlikely to get stacks on more than 2. Plus, any mobility itemization has significant tradeoffs (fon has reduced effectiveness on Dom, zeal/PD/trinity is the wrong kind of item for his kit, Shurelya's offers subpar stats and a 60s CD on its mobility).

Quote:
Oh, nevermind, I know what it is. It's skillfully getting a killing blow with his pitiful 900 true damage ultimate!
If it's so easy, why do i see every other darius dunking at "half health" only to leave 250 health on his target and get bursted down after?

Bonus: Everyone builds tank then wonder why he does surprisingly little damage (literally all he's good for is utility if you go full tank). He does best when you walk a fine line between damage and tankiness, and he's just too cheesy and meh as a full tank.

I'm more than willing to admit he needs a couple design changes, but it's frustrating when people can't see past the "omgwtfbbq true damage refreshing ult" and "noob no skill pull".