My AP Carry tier list.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

What about Magic Penetration Dr. Mundo?

True Despairr

08-31-2012

i think you forget about kass

Prof Zuhayr

08-31-2012

kassadin is definitely a counter to the majority of them

GummyNinja

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by super sharingan View Post
i think you forget about kass
kass is there.

A For Austin

08-31-2012

Hahaha how do you not have gragas up there.... insane burst with high mobility and an excellent roaming and teamfight ultimate

welplayd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyNinja View Post
Brand is down at the bottom for good reason. While his early game can offer quite an easy lane his lategame is horrible. His scales on all 4 of his abilities are horrible and he gets outclassed by most other AP carries. He is currently one of the worst AP carries in the game, but thanks for trying.
lol @ this....i played a ranked game in which i was brand...i did so much more dmg end game with him i scored at least 2 kill every time with his ult....my score ended up being (at the end of the game) 8-0-13....granted i love morg and all her wonders (i also played a ranked game with morg where i didnt die) but it all depends on how you play/build them...even tho morgs base abilities are better than brands does not necessary mean she is better.

futuresight23

09-01-2012

It does not appear that Zyra or Annie is on the list which I should have mentioned earlier in the thread.

Struggling right now to figure out what the criteria is that you are using for deciding which champ goes in what tier. Some considerations could include

Wave clearing ability: the better you can farm, the more items you can get. The worse you farm, the more dependent you are on killing enemy champions to get your items to dominate.

Ability to avoid ganks: Basically, can the champion avoid using summoner spells to escape ganks. Naturally dodging abilities is something anyone should get good at doing but it helps to have other abilities that can be used to evade ganks.

Early game vs late game power: When the champion gets powerful is as important as if it gets powerful. Leblanc's god early game can take advantage of Veigar's weaker early game but if Veigar gets good farm on his Q, his late game is very good while Leblanc's game becomes weak.

Single target or AoE burst: Is it someone that excels at taking down 1 target at a time like Leblanc, Kassadin or Akali? Or someone that can deal a lot of damage across the board like Vladimir and/or Swain? Some champions have very high single target and AoE burst like Gragas.

Teamfighting: How well do they do in 5v5 teamfights? Heimerdinger is barely noticeable, Leblanc takes out 1 enemy and effectively stands around, Katarina waits for CC to go out before going in, Morgana and Kennen dive in with their ultimates and screw up the entire enemy team, and finally Karthus dives in with Defile and his wall knowing that even if he dies he can still bring the pain.

That's just a few sample criteria that may or may not help.

Hia7us

09-01-2012

My akali beats everyone in your tier 1, except for possibly swain....

King Kappa

09-01-2012

Tier 1: Karthus, Ryze, Morgana, Ahri, Cassiopeia, Anivia, Vladimir, Swain, Kennen Twisted Fate
Tier 2: Orianna, Veigar, Gragas, Kassadin, Rumble, Diana, Mordekaiser, Galio
Tier 3: Lux, Fizz, Viktor, Zilean, Malzahar, Tristana, Kog'maw, LeBlanc, Xerath, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Sion, Ziggs.
Tier 4: Katarina, Akali, Lulu, Brand, Heimerdinger.

Gragas needs to be moved up, he two shots people. Literally. LeBlanc should be T2, she oneshots people. Ziggs should be T1, he's got a huge lane presence, strong farming, fair mana costs, an escape mechanism, a slow and he HURTS. The only thing he lacks is a hard CC but his slow is more than enough and the knockback works just fine for interrupting ults and helping with ganks.

SovietBlade

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivEnemy View Post
Gragas, TF, and Ahri are ahead of morgana. Morgana is really weak against champions that naturally build health or have escapes to get out of ults. Mundo in the jungle is a fantastic counter and if you can survive her initial burst she is worthless. She forces a farm lane, so pick someone who out scales her. Ryze/Gragas both do exceptional against her.
the number of times I played veigar vs morgana and went [disgusting amount of kills]/[low/moderate deaths]/[nearly no assists-implying I instagibbed everyone]
is just silly. Players who instalock morgana should be forced into lanes against talon or veigar.

Probably talon. Instalock morgana's won't take the blame for the veigar who got 300 Q farm by the 40 minute mark.