About Diana's change in skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neo Starscream

08-29-2012

Hey first time making a thread here but just wish to express in a humble opinion and with all due respect that it is kinda... well disrespectful the upcoming changes in Diana's skin. I'm new to the game and because of this maybe new to skin or champions remake but If a person payed for a skin is because they like it the way it is, if they wanted to change the skin they should have made a new skin available WITHOUT the headdress (If the leaked picture I saw is indeed the new change or any change) ... I don't wanna sound like a hater, but I just really like the duality between Diana's and Leona's Valkyrie theme, BOTH having headdress/helmet and removing,altering/changing the skin that a person has bought is a big insult to the community ... much love and respect and keep up the good job Riot. :3

Alfirinestel

08-29-2012

Agreed. I like that she does have a headdress as the Valkyrie theme is a counter to Leona's Valkyrie skin theme and Leona has a headdress. She's not wearing her "sun' emblem either in her Valkyrie skin. I bought the bundle because I thought she looked more ethereal. I do understand you wanted to keep some elements of Diana the same, but the Dark Valkyrie skin is not part of the canon. So it shouldn't matter. Perhaps you can figure out how to make the current skin a legacy skin?

Ebon Wing

08-29-2012

I bought it to get RID of her giant forehead >.> not make it more pronounced by making the symbol gold, this is a low blow

Azarith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

I'm quite displeased with the changes to the Dark Valkyrie skin, and would not have paid for this new version. Give us back the face that didn't look like a plastic surgery addict please.

Hyzarion

08-30-2012

I too bought the Diana bundle simply because of how cool the Dark Valkyrie skin was. No disrespect to the art team, but I too feel my money kinda went down the drain by losing the original look of the DV skin.

I fully agree with making the old DV skin a Legacy Skin. It might be too late... but Riot certainly listens to (and totally respects) their fans so their might be hope! .... I hope

Iike a somebody

08-30-2012

I also bought the Dark Valkyrie Diana bundle because of how much better she looked than the classic skin, but now I think the classic skin looks better... I feel like I wasted my money.

Alfirinestel

08-30-2012

I'd also like to add on, it's okay if she kinda have similar looks to Syndra. It's not her canon skin! There may be some lore confusions for those who haven't done their research but I think they will quickly find out it isn't. I also wanted to say that I do appreciate you for desiring to stick true to Diana's lore and what she's about and maintain the integrity of her character sense the design team put so much of their time into creating Diana. I believe Diana is one of the most in-depth character I've ever had a chance to buy, read about, and most importantly connect with. I love Diana, her story, and I can definitely see myself most as Diana then any of the other characters I play. And with due respect, I didn't think I "lost" what Diana was about because she had a non-canon Valkyrie headdress, less mascara/eyeliner and red hot lipstick, less pointier nose. With her headdress, I can clearly see her moon emblem on the headdress and a Valkyrie is meant to wear a full headdress helmet/crown. But perhaps she wasn't dark enough for ya?

Hmmm.. maybe a compromise? She can have her forehead symbol but with headpiece/stress come out of the side still in tact? Just an idea.

P.S. Is she not suppose to have eyebrows?

Langorian

08-30-2012

The skin is generic and simply bad now. Changing a skin after I bought it? That's a big "**** YOU" to players. Disappointing Riot, I'll be more considerate of your, well, "**** YOU" business model in the future.

Acanthus

08-30-2012

I submitted a ticket for a refund already. I bought the skin to get rid of the giant forehead, the ugly eyeshadow, and gain that awesome headdress. Soooo... I'm either getting my money back, or I will never buy RP again and figure out whether this can go to small claims court. (Or they can actually listen to us and change it back.)

Utilitarian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Man. I would like my money back for the Diana skin. It looks terrible now. Previously she looked arcane, aloof, filled with a dark and foreboding power.

Now she just looks like some kind of throw away comic book villain. The eyes look ugly and tacky, the moon symbol looks like an afterthought and she doesn't have her awesome headdress anymore.

Way to **** over your players. "Hmm not enough people are buying Dark Valkyrie Diana... let's change it in the hopes of making more people buy it, and in the process **** over the people who already paid us for it"

You've got a lot of good will built up with me Riot but I'm really feeling shafted right now.