Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which form of lore is your favorite?

Champion bios 1147 38.46%
Journal of Justice articles 355 11.9%
League Judgments 454 15.22%
I love them all equally 1025 34.37%
Voters 2982 .

Which form of lore is your favorite?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gushma

09-17-2010

I love all three. I like the Character Bios setting the stage, the insight of the Judgments and the JoJ.

One thing that is missing though is an effective way to tell the history of the world. You have had bits and pieces of the history put into the JoJ, such as the back stories of Mundo and Sion but I think the JoJ works better when in focuses on current and ongoing stories rather then past stories.

I would love to see some way to tell the history seperate of the JoJ, maybe there is a libary that is being recovered, or perhaps say Zilean is recording history in his diary as he experiences chrono-displasia into the past.

Lord GiantR

09-18-2010

Champ Bios for me.

LegOfLamb

09-18-2010

My personal favorites are the league judgements, I find that the writing style in particular to be much better then the JoJ.(which is terrible. It reads like a gossip magazine and just in general has an awful format.)

Some of the character bio's are also great, some are pretty meh though.

Edit: instead of just saying how bad JoJ is and not providing feedback. Why not make the journal more like a history book, focusing on past events from the centuries before that led runeterra to where it is now. A good place to start would be giving back stories on rivalries(demacia/noxus?), history of the areas/factions, and just stuff from before. I don't think you should be focusing so much on developing the current events at this point in time, instead focus on building a rich, vibrant, detailed, back story.

InsertCoinToPlay

09-19-2010

I enjoy all three but I'd probably say the Judgements are the best out of the three. The JoJ is a pretty awesome thing to read as well with learning about what is going on in the world but the Judgements are a bit more interesting to read and help to develop the champions we control.

My least fav one is champion bios. While I appreciate that Riot are trying to improve the bios, I wouldn't say they are amazing in letting the audience get to know the characters in comparison to something like Judgements or focus articles in the JoJ

Klllok

09-20-2010

i love LoL's lore in general.

i would, however, want more lore on champions interacting with each other, and generally more info about them. i know the JoJ does give us info on this, but i mean more in depth.

JoJ champion interviews would also be nice.

azombiespants

09-21-2010

JoJ is the best because it really gives us the world. No matter how good your characters are, you still need a place to put them in.

Smellis

09-22-2010

Judgements imo.

They give you plenty of info on the champion's actual bio and more or less gives you more insight to the character. Perhaps my favorite judgement was galio's

ipleadthefif208

09-23-2010

I also like judgements so get them old ones going

Matthew21210

09-26-2010

I prefer stories. Narratives and such. Those are fun. Do more of those.

Salabar

09-27-2010

JoJ. Judgments are too long to read, bios tell too little worth.