Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which form of lore is your favorite?

Champion bios 1147 38.46%
Journal of Justice articles 355 11.9%
League Judgments 454 15.22%
I love them all equally 1025 34.37%
Voters 2982 .

Which form of lore is your favorite?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverling

09-17-2010

Man... So hard..

I love 'em all, but I like the JoJ a lot... Something about reading the local gossip makes me giggle.

Lightstriker

Recruiter

09-17-2010

This poll is NOTABLY indeterminate. lol.

cy4n1ze

Recruiter

09-17-2010

Useful poll.. :')

Frag Pulf

09-17-2010

Champion bios create a sense of a more depth to the overall lore then any of the other form. IMO

Zzilb

09-17-2010

Riot loves to feed us more of our favorite foods. To that end, I wondered what they were really asking, and what each vote really meant. If there were some surprising huge preference for one specific element, would that gain the lore teams focus, and would it indicate we wanted more of the same?

Bios, for example. I really like the bios. They are the simplest form of information available to us, and most of them contribute extremely valuable nibbles to our understanding of the story in a way other forms cant really rival.. But they are often small. If I voted for them, I wouldnt be saying 'More two paragraph lorebits I can read between my matches, Riot!'
I would be saying 'I love what youre doing here and want even more personal information in them!' -- Yi's goggles, for example.

And what of the JoJ? What would calling for expansion do there? An extra page of articles, so that Nashahago can seduce two champions simultaneously? Saucy.

I value lore in all its forms, the more intricate and developed, the better.. so Im gonna be unhelpful and just declare 'More everything in general!' <3

Yorgie

09-17-2010

Personally i've come to like League Judgements the most. (Especially Urgot's! Kudos to whoever wrote it up.)

It's probably the way they put you inside the character's head, so you can really understand what makes them tick.

As for a new kind of lore, i'd love to hear about some canon League matches, and how they played out. Reading how the champions' friendships and rivalries play out on the battlefield sounds like it'd be really entertaining.

Vindrel

09-17-2010

JoJ for me, while the others offer rich lore, the JoJ just seems to go in depth.

Hinote

09-17-2010

I like all three, but if I had to put them in order, I'd say champion bios first with League judgments as a close second, and Journal of Justice issues third. Champion bios are great because they give you some nice background on the character, but I like the League judgments because they expose not only the champions' darkest moments - which is impressive for characters like Urgot, whose entire existence could be considered one giant "dark moment" - but also gives some perspective on why they came to the League, and why they're willing to let summoners "use" them, as it were. For particularly enigmatic characters like Mordekaiser or Malzahar, whose true motives are not really known, judgments are a really nice touch.

Not to say I dislike the Journal of Justice; I've dropped queues to read it when I realized a new issue was out, and they can be really hilarious sometimes. I just like the other ones better.

IntFam

09-17-2010

As a lore junkie in all games, I enjoy any bit of information I can get.

Uruno

09-17-2010

Quote:
PhantomChaos:
I enjoy the Judgments the most, as they show an insight into the Champions' feelings and part of their past, to remind us that they are still living creatures, instead of something that we control as Summoners.

^This