Champion bios 1,147 38.48%
Journal of Justice articles 355 11.91%
League Judgments 454 15.23%
I love them all equally 1,025 34.38%
Voters: 2981. You may not vote on this poll

Which form of lore is your favorite?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrald Grimnod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstorSapolsky View Post
"RAMMUS!?! WHY DO YOU WISH TO JOIN THE LEAGUE???"

"ok"
You win everything forever.
I should've thought of it though, because I read that famous thread about his taunt and joke whole .

Morrowlife

09-17-2010

Quote:

"ok"
Ha! More like...

"How does it feel, exposing your mind?"

Rammus made a blank stare into space. "Ok."

Edit: As to keep on topic, the Judgements are also my favorite, however they go hand in hand with the Character Bio. I prefer to read the Bio before the Judgement.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

09-17-2010

Quote:

"ok"
win

Traestus

09-17-2010

The judgements, because it's really cool to see the inner workings of many champions minds.

ChasmGasm

09-17-2010

League Judgements are silly thus far.

"The room turns to that pivotal point in your 2 paragraph bio...."

"You stumble on why you want to be here until you finally admit it's revenge and/or just wanton murder."

Yea and why the heck is a mutant armordillo wanting to be mind controlled by some dudes in robes to go get beat up so 4 other random mind controlled beings don't die (while being jumped by 5 other mind controlled beings). Why would anyone wanna do that? I don't know. Killing a Garen who is temporarily unkillable is a weird thing to want to go do. Do they get a big house afterward? The whole lore thing is a big mystery to me, this is a really hard game to build lore around, what with the repeated dying, leveling up and duplicate champions on both teams.

Dyloslawer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2010

champ bios.

**** reason: they're the shortest

IEatBabies

Recruiter

09-17-2010

I like the JoJ a lot. It's gives a more dynamic representation of the champions, because you get to understand them in their day to day events as well as what they have been doing over the last couple of weeks(or longer).

You also get the writer's opinion of the champion to give you another view of them. You can chose to not listen to other people's opinions of your favorite champion on the forums or in game; but after you have read the latest issue of the JoJ, you can't really un-read it. Now can you?

Obviously the JoJ is a mix of news and gossip so it wouldn't be completely appropriate to update character bios with every tidbit of information that came up. But it would be nice if there was more information the champion's Bios. Most are a paragraph or two. This is the one event from their lives that shaped them to be in the league. But honestly it just tells us most of their vendettas. I'm not saying that revenge isn't a good motivator for a character, but it would be nice if there was more to most of the characters than just that.

I would want an anecdote or 2 about their life or other rumors if they are as mysterious that they don't really have back stories.

Navex575

09-17-2010

Can you please create league judgements for champions other than the new ones

dogbiter

09-17-2010

champ's bios need to be explored more plx

AstorSapolsky

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasmGasm View Post
League Judgements are silly thus far.

"The room turns to that pivotal point in your 2 paragraph bio...."

"You stumble on why you want to be here until you finally admit it's revenge and/or just wanton murder."
They're formulaic, true, but they say plenty. The two paragraphs of their entrance allow for a bit of character to come through. Sona doesn't even notice the "the truest opponent" sign, because she is so in tune with the sounds that she trusts it over her eyesight. Meanwhile, Miss Fortune's entrance says a lot for her personality, not to mention her cocky attitude about "firing" at the word "opponent."

Meanwhile, everybody has a dark side. Nobody is perfect, especially when you are a trained killer. Something has to have steeled you for the task of taking a life. I'm sure some are doing it purely for fame and fortune, or maybe some like Garen are doing it to plow another champion at the heart of it, but many of these are driven by blood.

Let's look at it: we have Xin Zhao, a prisoner condemned to death who pledges his loyalty to a savior, a king,
Vladimir, a killer who uses the very blood of his opponents or himself. Using blood limits your backstory,
Urgot, an abomination brought back from the dead by a bloodthirsty society obsessed with war and death, who holds quite the grudge against an existing champion,
Miss Fortune, who is not trying to explicitly kill someone but to get back a personal treasure... and is a bounty hunter,
Galio, who fights for honor, inspired by a child reeling from the fresh death of her father and family,
and Sona, a bard. Her instrument controls her as much as she controls her instrument... not necessarily because it has power, but because it represents a large part of her psyche.

That is a rather diverse list, and it is not just "wanton murder."

12345612 ... 16