Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Give players a reputation rating.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GooeyDuck

08-29-2012

Now just like any system I would like to point out that there is no flawless way to do things, but I would like to maybe hear the opinion and maybe some pro's and con's to what people think about giving players a reputation system that is taken into account as well as the ELO system they already have.

I personally believe that giving players a reputation that everyone can see, including the individual will make players feel more accountable for their actions. The report feature and Tribunal are nice features and I do think it is starting to make the game more often enjoyable to play but there is still no doubt we all get those trolls every few games.

Im suggesting that a bracket system is made based off reputation rating, and then ELO is taken into account for match making, now lets say 100 reputation is the highest you can have, why not have 1-33 reputation be grouped so trolls are likely to troll other trolls. 34 - 66 reputation be grouped together, these would probably be the people who like to play super drunk every now and then and dont realize how awful they are really doing, or how they are treating others in chat or the likes, 67 - 100 reputation grouped, these would be the people who actually want to progress in their ELO and overall are nice and do their best to help the community and create an enjoyable gaming experience.

The reputation system I believe should only be taken into account for ranked games in my opinion because well lets face it, the more grouping you take into account the longer it is going to be to find you a match. But truthfully I would much rather wait longer, than have to wait in a game being trolled.

Reports and penalties could also be used to drop player rating from the riot side so that its not just based of community input, I know some people wouldnt want to rate others after a game, or maybe some people just feel the need to rate someone low for who knows what.

Well, thats all I can think of off the top of my head for right now but I think it might be enough to start a discussion on such a system and get enough feedback to see if maybe Riot would be interested in applying such a system, thanks for reading and please comment / discuss.

- IGN: Eipas NA server

Corosus

08-29-2012

Or, instead of lettings trolls troll trolls, you ban them for a bit. If they troll again, you ban them longer.
I would rather trolls not use RIOT's resources to play the game with other trolls, when they can just be banned.

GooeyDuck

08-29-2012

Quote:
Corosus:
Or, instead of lettings trolls troll trolls, you ban them for a bit. If they troll again, you ban them longer.
I would rather trolls not use RIOT's resources to play the game with other trolls, when they can just be banned.

True but thats why the tribunal is still in effect