My typical Kayle build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dagda

11-13-2009

Key word being "typical". You always want to adjust your plans based on the opposition you're facing, and I think that's especially true for Kayle's abilities. There are games where I've maxed out Divine Blessing before I took a second rank in Reckoning, and it's worked.

1-Reckoning
2-Divine Blessing
3-Reckoning
4-Righteous Fury
5-Reckoning
6-Intervention
For 7+, Intervention>Reckoning>Divine Blessing>Righteous Fury.

Spells: Teleport and Promote.

Items:
-Maki's Pendant
-Upgrade to Chalice of Harmony (Do this ASAP, it's perfect for a mana guzzler like Kayle)
-Boots of Speed
-Glacial Shroud (Cooldown reduction)
-Upgrade to Mercury's Treads (These are solid gold, absolutely vital when playing rear guard for retreating teammates)
-Upgrade to Frozen Heart
-Warmog's Armor (I've tried various alternatives, but keep coming back to this one.)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

eznark

11-14-2009

Since AP Kayle is basically useless in the early game lately I'll give this build a shot and let you know any thoughts.

WhyFye

11-14-2009

Does anyone go Divine Blessing - Righteous Fury - DB - RF in the early game? I find it awesome as it really racks up gold for Kayle.

Cyatomorrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2009

Reckoning harass is actually quite effective, so I like to do that. You don't really need Righteous Fury to last-hit, and if you're reliant on it, you're going to miss a lot of kills in between cooldowns.

I feel Reckoning is essential because it makes the other team keep some distance, so you can get in and last-hit. If you invest in Righteous Fury, you're really only going to be able to last-hit when it's up, otherwise you're going to get kited around by enemy heroes.

But I also build Kayle as CD Reduction/AP/Attack Speed, so *shrug*

WhyFye

11-14-2009

Thanks. So the splash damage from RF isn't worth it? Oftentimes it kills a lot of enemy minions, bring me money. But then again, I'm a first time player. I need more input. Thanks!

Dagda

11-14-2009

This build's early game behavior is essentially Reckoning harassment with an emphasis on quantity over quality- having enough mana to just use it over and over. Pulling off a kill and/or saving a teammate often requires the use of 3 or even 4 abilities in rapid succession; my first two priorities are having adequate mana and plenty of cooldown reduction.

Edit: I don't normally use Righteous Fury to finish someone off- but having a ranged attack is still damn handy for a variety of purposes:
-Harassing/wearing down an enemy (If you wait until a melee character's being attacked by other creeps, they often won't notice you're hitting them right away).
-Farming when you don't want to get any closer to the enemy.
-Killing ranged creeps that're in range of the enemy tower, so that your own creeps don't get bogged down fighting them.

WhyFye

11-14-2009

Ok so it's a consensus: the divine blessing - righteous fury skill allocation farming build is not so good. Thanks. I'll try playing this one tomorrow.

" my first two priorities are having adequate mana and plenty of cooldown reduction." ---- Frozen Heart ASAP? Or should I make a stopover for an Atma?

Dagda

11-14-2009

I don't normally get Atma, because late-game I'm focused on playing a Support role. Kayle's fairly flexible, so you shouldn't be afraid to experiment with other builds based on your preferred approach.

PapaMeltin

11-14-2009

I actually find Righteous Fury to be great early game - you can farm with the best of em. Added to it a lot of damage bonuses, you can actually be a bit of a surprise to enemies going in melee and using the range to take them down. That said, I have to agree entirely with cooldown reduction being a huge priority, as well as the usefulness of Reckoning. Slowing the enemy as you blast with RF is win.

WhyFye

11-14-2009

Ah kk. What to you think of my divine blessing - righteous fury skill allocation farming build? Is it viable? My wife was surprised this morning when I was playing. "I thought you had trouble farming?" I grinned and said, "allocated some skill points to RF."

EDIT: @PapaMeltin: what's a good skill points allocation sequence?