@ Riot - Some basic Nasus tweaks that may help

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unrestricted PK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
So basically you agree with all the proposed changes, just not my mentality/playstyle? xD Fair enough I guess.
Not all proposed changes. I don't think the range of q should be extended like Wukong for example a few other things. In general yes I agree with many and respect your thoughts and opinions.

Hyfe

11-30-2012

Really would love for Nasus to be a viable pick in S3. I'm trying to make it easy for you to see a reasonable course of action with minimal effort required on your part. Let's see some initiative being taken Riot.

Hyfe

11-30-2012

Bump.

Ormlyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Bump

ChromeFalcon

11-30-2012

What if you go with the Tear of Goddess > Manamune (> Muramana) route? You wouldnt have mana issues, and it actually seems like a strong item on him.

Schwaberus

11-30-2012

bump

Hyfe

11-30-2012

I have considered Muramana. I really don't think its a good purchase because you don't benefit from the item all that much. It's a huge investment when all you really want from it is the mp5.

I'd almost rather consider Spirit of the Ancient Golem. Yes, the extra damage to monsters is wasted, but everything else for it is amazing for Nasus.

The FireWater

11-30-2012

Good thread, good Red feedback.

Honestly, I think Nasus might actually need a full rework. It'd kinda annoy me since I actually like the dog, but his current weaknesses (in playstyle, not kit speicifically) outweigh his potential advantages.

There are enough snowball bruisers who get hurt if they're denied farm, but most can compensate by getting some gp5 if they're really hurting. A harassed Nasus is a worthless champ. Hell, Irelia is farm reliant, and very weak early on, but at least she has bladesurge to help farm up and be a god late game.

Nasus could use something. Some move speed steroids, some extra range, Maybe making it so that last hits with Spirit fire provde some damage to SS (Maybe +1 damage per cs that way, instead of +3) that way you have the option to level that first, play a pusher, and still have a chunk of points in SS for late game.

In any case, Nasus is a unique, fun character, and too interesting to let fall into obscurity with the evolving game.

Cheap0

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
I have considered Muramana. I really don't think its a good purchase because you don't benefit from the item all that much. It's a huge investment when all you really want from it is the mp5.

I'd almost rather consider Spirit of the Ancient Golem. Yes, the extra damage to monsters is wasted, but everything else for it is amazing for Nasus.
Sadly, Spirit still sucks compared to the old Philospher's Stone -> Shurelia's. Right now, you're paying 800 gold for 18 health regen, 8 mana regen, and gp5 on a Philo. With Spirit Stone, you only get 14 hp/5, 7 mp/5, and no gp5 for the same cost. It might be better in S3, but on the whole still a big Nasus nerf =(. You've also got to find somewhere else to get the remaining CDR on top of Frozen Heart and masteries.

Being able to get tenacity without Merc Treads is nice though.

EDIT: Forgot, no Force of Nature either. That sucks.

Hyfe

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapo5020 View Post
Sadly, Spirit still sucks compared to the old Philospher's Stone -> Shurelia's. Right now, you're paying 800 gold for 18 health regen, 8 mana regen, and gp5 on a Philo. With Spirit Stone, you only get 14 hp/5, 7 mp/5, and no gp5 for the same cost. It might be better in S3, but on the whole still a big Nasus nerf =(. You've also got to find somewhere else to get the remaining CDR on top of Frozen Heart and masteries.

Being able to get tenacity without Merc Treads is nice though.

EDIT: Forgot, no Force of Nature either. That sucks.
His itemizations is actually not bad for S3. I've been testing out some builds on PBE. Gauntlet is great on him, so is SV. I've been grabbing Locket early also. Those 3 items put you right at 40% CDR. Really the only issue in his itemization is lack of mp5. Obviously chalice works, but that is not something I want to be building vs an AD lane.