Bug [minor] incorrect # capped points displayed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caldera537

08-29-2012

Today I was playing a game of dominion, and I noticed that at the top of the screen, the HUD showed 2 capped points for both teams, but the score for my team was going down. Here is what was happening previously. Looking at the minimap, I noticed that the other team did in fact have 3 points even if my HUD did not indicate this. The HUD remained this way throughout the match.

I could not confirm whether or not the other players on my team had similar results

Procedure:
This is what happened previously. I was capping the opponents mid point as ww. I got the point to neutral. The opponents Yorick came to mid, and I ran away. I ulted him, but my laptop got low on battery and minimized the LoL window. By the time the window was open again, I believe that they had recapped the point. I noticed the bug maybe 2 minutes later. The other team had their bot, mid, and top when the bug was first noticed.

Theory as to what is wrong: Maybe the client doesn't update the HUD on a point capture because the window is minimized?

Has anyone else noticed this bug?

TCWA Tigerbite

08-29-2012

Nothing to do with your game being minimized. This happens to me quite often (1 or 2 games a day) and that game never corrects itself once this happens. No idea what causes it, but I never minimize during game.

And no, if you see this bug, it doesn't mean others in the game are seeing the same thing.

Lhyanc

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
This happens to me quite often (1 or 2 games a day) and that game never corrects itself once this happens. No idea what causes it, but I never minimize during game.

And no, if you see this bug, it doesn't mean others in the game are seeing the same thing.
Same for me.

Phourc

08-29-2012

I see it happen a lot and rarely notice it (on account of glancing at minimap more than counting dots to track the score), I couldn't tell you much about it other than the dots are wrong but the points count down normally.

Caldera537

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
You're right, but if multiple people see the bug, you know that the problem is most likely on the server side.

naotasan

09-01-2012

I'm pretty sure this is caused by latency issues or sudden lag spikes