AP ratios on AD champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tatt0o

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taroux View Post
Why is it that there are many abilities, on obvious AD champions, that are raised by AP? Like Rengar having a roar that increases in dmg with AP.... who's going to build AP just to get damage on that on that one spell? Or AP on Mundo's aoe. AP on Shyvanas fireball. AP on Lee Sin's shield. Trundle's ult. Twitch's nuke. etc etc.

I understand to an extent, that it's about being able to vary champion builds, but why would you give Lee Sin an AP ratio shield when Riven gets an AD one? Why does that make sense???
Funny you should mention AP Rengar. Surprisingly AP Rengar is actually viable according to some forum-goers. It's a 1.0 ratio that is aoe, heals you, and can be spammed twice in a row assuming you have max ferocity.

It does well for some reason.

All T No Shade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
It's generally considered better than AD Rengar by many people.

So yeah, probably worse than AD TF.

Really? I'll have to check it out then haha.

LiquidAnus666

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
lolw @ downvotes. He's asking a question.

Basically it means they are stronger with blue pot, Baron, and WOTA, so that's nothing to sneeze at. Also: AP Rengar is a thing. In the early stages many champs could be built both AD or AP, like Yi, Sion, and Tristana. Now the designs seem to be all-or-nothing.
I like Tris AP just for the hilarity of the minion nuke thing. 1 w and you get a triple kill when you were sure to die. Epic.

ExiIed Morgana

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAnus666 View Post
I like Tris AP just for the hilarity of the minion nuke thing. 1 w and you get a triple kill when you were sure to die. Epic.
Except it got patched.

Arcane Azmadi

08-28-2012

Quote:
I understand to an extent, that it's about being able to vary champion builds, but why would you give Lee Sin an AP ratio shield when Riven gets an AD one? Why does that make sense???
You've got it backwards. The question SHOULD be "why would you give Riven an AD ratio shield when every other champion in the game gets an AP one?"

****ing Riven...

All T No Shade

08-28-2012

In all honestly, it's for those times you accidentally have the wrong runeset so you get a booby prize ratioed ability.

Malzyhurr

11-03-2012

The champions are set up like that so you can build them with ap and ad items. Just buying straight ad or ap isn't always the best way to go. Yorick can benefit from ap and ad but a lot of people play him just ad. This works great but a little ap can change a team fight. Riot wants summoners to be able to customize their favorite champions to meet their game play style. I play malzahar ad/ap because it's better for me. AD early game for voidlings and ap later for taking out tanky champs. This almost doesn't make sense because he has only ap abilities. It works though.

DaemRijou

11-03-2012

They're there so if someone were to get say, a trinity force, the ap aspect wouldn't be wasted.

Anidan

11-03-2012

Quote:
Yeah. I'm so grateful my lee sin shield can get scaling from a stat I'll never have in my build... ever. And a WOTA boost is hardly one at all.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say: Be lucky you have any scaling on his shield. If his shield scaled off AD, similar to Riven's, i'd say he'd pretty damned over the top in regards to balance.

onboardtonowhere

11-03-2012

So you can get a triforce. Unlike Talon.