Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP ratios on AD champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

All T No Shade

08-28-2012

Why is it that there are many abilities, on obvious AD champions, that are raised by AP? Like Rengar having a roar that increases in dmg with AP.... who's going to build AP just to get damage on that on that one spell? Or AP on Mundo's aoe. AP on Shyvanas fireball. AP on Lee Sin's shield. Trundle's ult. Twitch's nuke. etc etc.

I understand to an extent, that it's about being able to vary champion builds, but why would you give Lee Sin an AP ratio shield when Riven gets an AD one? Why does that make sense???

Gangplank Style

08-28-2012

It used to be so you could customize characters more freely in the olden days... Nowadays ap ratios on ad champions dont really matter since they have high base stats

Done25

08-28-2012

Just be grateful that they have ratios at all that can benefit from WotA and Baron. Some people have abilities with NO scaling. (Like J4's sheild.)

Blaine Tog

08-28-2012

Quote:
Taroux:
I understand to an extent, that it's about being able to vary champion builds, but why would you give Lee Sin an AP ratio shield when Riven gets an AD one?
Because they're completely different characters.

AlphariusRising

08-28-2012

lolw @ downvotes. He's asking a question.

Basically it means they are stronger with blue pot, Baron, and WOTA, so that's nothing to sneeze at. Also: AP Rengar is a thing. In the early stages many champs could be built both AD or AP, like Yi, Sion, and Tristana. Now the designs seem to be all-or-nothing.

All T No Shade

08-28-2012

Quote:
Done25:
Just be grateful that they have ratios at all that can benefit from WotA and Baron. Some people have abilities with NO scaling. (Like J4's sheild.)

Yeah. I'm so grateful my lee sin shield can get scaling from a stat I'll never have in my build... ever. And a WOTA boost is hardly one at all.

Zevalent

Recruiter

08-28-2012

Also AP ratios benefit from sheen and TF!

SirWhaley

08-28-2012

Variety is fun!

All T No Shade

08-28-2012

Quote:
AlphariusRising:
lolw @ downvotes. He's asking a question.

Basically it means they are stronger with blue pot, Baron, and WOTA, so that's nothing to sneeze at. Also: AP Rengar is a thing. In the early stages many champs could be built both AD or AP, like Yi, Sion, and Tristana. Now the designs seem to be all-or-nothing.

That makes more sense. And the Rengar thing probably exists, but it's also probably as effective as AD TF.

AlphariusRising

08-28-2012

Quote:
Taroux:
That makes more sense. And the Rengar thing probably exists, but it's also probably as effective as AD TF.

It's generally considered better than AD Rengar by many people.

So yeah, probably worse than AD TF.