Getting tired of losing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

08-28-2012

I'm getting tired of losing dominion games. Almost every time, I am the best player in the lobby (points-wise I mean) and yet my team still loses. I get the most points? Doesn't matter we lose. I get the most captures? Doesn't matter we lose. I get the most kill? It doesn't matter. We lose. Why? Why am I losing every time?

Then when things actually do look up, I get afkers. Had two afkers in a game earlier today in fact. Then another afker in a recent game.

I don't get this. Why is my team always trash?

Should I go in with a full five? I search alone. I had a win ratio that was something like 50 to 30. Now it's 52 to 48 because I have lost so many games.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

08-28-2012

Points don't matter. Post a replay if you want advice.

Xander756

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
Points don't matter. Post a replay if you want advice.
It's not me though, it's my teams.

Like last game. I go 13/4/7 with 8 captures. 4 neutralizations.

The next guy on my team is 5/8/9 with 2 captuers and 0 neutralizations.

The others? 8/10/10 with 1 capture

2/6/2 with 5 captures.

1/7/17 with 2 captures.

I mean what more could I have done here?

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

8 caps 4 neutralized. How many of those caps did you defend ? that could be the problem.

Also, don't judge your performance by the points system, it simply does not work. My evidence:

Tried out a new champ bot lane recently, couldn't chain my combos well and kept losing and having to re-cap bot after a teammate came to assist. I then went top after we lost it because I was so heavy at bot, and capped it after a teammate died as we fought for it. I then capped our mid that got ninja'd.

We still won, and I ended up with the most points, all the while having been carried hard after my weak performance. My best games ? often with Jax or Irelia, when I defend teammates as they cap points or run interference all game, often I have the lowest caps and most deaths, but I know that I contributed heavily to the win.

DiscworldDeath

08-28-2012

1. Lose ignite, get exhaust. Better. Lose the flash, flashing for a kill is such a waste.
2. If your team has Twitch, Fiora, Shaco, Rengar, so basically an all AD line-up and more or less full squishy, the right champion to pick isn't Varus - another squishy AD carry, but a tanky and/or AP champion.
3. You usually play an AD carry and itemize heavily for damage. If you're fighting near a turret, let someone else cap/neutralize the point and you fight them. This is in general, since we have no replay to go off of.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
It's not me though, it's my teams.
Like last game. I go 13/4/7 with 8 captures. 4 neutralizations.
The next guy on my team is 5/8/9 with 2 captuers and 0 neutralizations.
The others? 8/10/10 with 1 capture
2/6/2 with 5 captures.
1/7/17 with 2 captures.
I mean what more could I have done here?
You actually aren't giving us much information to work with. The actual number of captures doesn't show who wins, and kills don't necessarily help either.

Did you rack up early kills, but couldn't close the game?
Did you generally get good trades but not end up able to take a point off of it?

things like that can lead to having good kills, but lose the game.

Infirc

08-29-2012

you can't carry a Dominion game everytime even f you are good at positioning which you seem to be, it's technically possible but it's a rare happening, score doesn't matter not even the kil/death score, kills are a good way to get points but are not everything, maybe it is you that's leaving your team in order to chase a kill and "get fed" which actually doesn't matter nor happens here thanks to the super increased gold generation and a kill here giving less than half that it gives in Sr, don't itemize for just damage even if your positioning is right there are lots of utility ranged carries can use life steal for example even if you take in account the Aura, exec's calling is another decent item, definitely and drop the ignite many of your kills are just probably ignite "ks's" to put it mildly consider on dropping the flash it has its uses on ranged carried but if you really do want to play a solo queue Dominion ranged carry, Ezreal, Corki and Vayne are better options Graves may be the shizz on Sr but this is Dominion and you should stay away from ranged characters that have less than 600 range unless they have a very good reason for it, True damage and mobility are very good reasons, as already stated above me don't pick a squishlet when your team lacks cc or is full of squishlets. there's only one person needed to cap a point and capping ponts "together" is a common way to whhore score while being useless to your team, take turns on capping points so that you don't blow all your capture cooldowns with just one interrupt, the rest that are not capping should fight and distract the enemy, poking also interurpts caps, don't stroll around the jungle alone, and don't walk half the map to chase kills
Other options: Unlock one, some or all of these Jax, Poppy, Ryze, Nunu Malphite, Pantheon, Urgot, Kassadin, Warwick pretty solid picks and most of them are cheap some of them actually do reach the Op status on this map, not giving you any clue of who though, pretty sure someone below me will tell No, not that guys what about the don't play that guy in blind pick rule?? and tell you in the proccess.

Yokel85

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
you can't carry a Dominion game everytime even f you are good at positioning which you seem to be, it's technically possible but it's a rare happening, score doesn't matter not even the kil/death score, kills are a good way to get points but are not everything, maybe it is you that's leaving your team in order to chase a kill and "get fed" which actually doesn't matter nor happens here thanks to the super increased gold generation and a kill here giving less than half that it gives in Sr, don't itemize for just damage even if your positioning is right there are lots of utility ranged carries can use life steal for example even if you take in account the Aura, exec's calling is another decent item, definitely and drop the ignite many of your kills are just probably ignite "ks's" to put it mildly consider on dropping the flash it has its uses on ranged carried but if you really do want to play a solo queue Dominion ranged carry, Ezreal, Corki and Vayne are better options Graves may be the shizz on Sr but this is Dominion and you should stay away from ranged characters that have less than 600 range unless they have a very good reason for it, True damage and mobility are very good reasons, as already stated above me don't pick a squishlet when your team lacks cc or is full of squishlets. there's only one person needed to cap a point and capping ponts "together" is a common way to whhore score while being useless to your team, take turns on capping points so that you don't blow all your capture cooldowns with just one interrupt, the rest that are not capping should fight and distract the enemy, poking also interurpts caps, don't stroll around the jungle alone, and don't walk half the map to chase kills
Other options: Unlock one, some or all of these Jax, Poppy, Ryze, Nunu Malphite, Pantheon, Urgot, Kassadin, Warwick pretty solid picks and most of them are cheap some of them actually do reach the Op status on this map, not giving you any clue of who though, pretty sure someone below me will tell No, not that guys what about the don't play that guy in blind pick rule?? and tell you in the proccess.
Holy wall of text, Batman!

Lhyanc

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
1. Lose ignite, get exhaust. Better. Lose the flash, flashing for a kill is such a waste.
2. If your team has Twitch, Fiora, Shaco, Rengar, so basically an all AD line-up and more or less full squishy, the right champion to pick isn't Varus - another squishy AD carry, but a tanky and/or AP champion.
3. You usually play an AD carry and itemize heavily for damage. If you're fighting near a turret, let someone else cap/neutralize the point and you fight them. This is in general, since we have no replay to go off of.
This basically.

You play only glass cannon AD carry, no matter what anyone else picks. I would suggest trying to be more versatile to round out the team more.

Wolfalisk

08-29-2012

You're gonna get a bunch of tryhard responses in here.

I'm in the same boat with a friend of mine. Add me in game for a few dom matches and see if we are close enough to your level.