Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I would like to know which champions work well bot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maleficarum

08-28-2012

Besides Yorick, I don't really enjoy playing Yorick.

I've been experimenting with Morgana and Soraka. They can clear waves, and have decent sustain. The biggest problems I run into have been auto attackers, like Vayne and Sion, who build life steal and AD. Once they get an AD item and a vamp scepter, they out damage me, and out heal me, and I can't stop them from pushing forever.

So, that makes me think that I need someone who relies on auto attacks for bot lane. But I'm not sure if that's an actually good strategy, or if I'm just terrible at countering it.

Thanks for reading.

Shuzakku

08-28-2012

My favorites are Maokai, Malzahar, and Heimer for bot.

SpiderParadox

08-28-2012

Jayce, Maokai, Yorick, Ranged ADs (to a point), Jax, AD Malz, Ryze, Swain, Kayle, Kassadin, Urgot, all can go bot without much issue.

Lifesteal autoattackers are countered by Frozen Heart/Randuin's Omen btw. You'll be tempted to buy Thornmail, but you shouldn't.

If worst comes to worst switch with someone. Usually if you've been bot and haven't been awful your slightly farmed champ can make a difference up top.

HaIfhearted

08-28-2012

Quote:
SpiderParadox:
blah blah blah Kassadin blah blah blah

Wait, what?

Kassadin is a TERRIBLE bot.
That was a typo, right? Please?

hinderlopen

08-28-2012

I'd say you're terrible at countering auto attackers right now. Build an early thornmail on and some cdr for soraka. I havent played morg but have played against her. Never use binding unless you can hit the enemy, and just push.

Auto attackers actually suck horribly at pushing without making themselves vulnerable and suck at getting rid of large minion waves. Early game you can let them AA one wave down, then push really hard and you'l build up a bigger wave then pushing right away.

Edit: warden's mail will be better to get first than thornmail, but thornmail on soraka is going to destroy auto attackers

Melvear

08-28-2012

Nunu and Nocturne are 2 good bot as well. Nocturne is an auto attacker for the most par, but with max cdr, he doeals a fair amount of non AA damage.

NavyGothic

08-28-2012

If you're playing a pusher like Morgana or Soraka, there's two ways to counter AD carries;

1. Be aggressive early. If you can kill them, take their point, force them out of lane, don't let them farm; anything helps. Eventually they'll outscale you (that's just how an AD carry vs caster matchup works), but you can delay that moment as long as possible. This requires your team to support you with ganks, otherwise you'll just end up overextending and dying.

2. Thornmail. Yes, Frozen Heart / Randuins are good items to build. No, they're not enough to let you duel a late game AD carry. Once you reach the point where you start to lose in damage trades, that's when you grab the Thornmail.

SpiderParadox

08-28-2012

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
Wait, what?

Kassadin is a TERRIBLE bot.
That was a typo, right? Please?
He's a good counter to AP bots.

Situational though since he folds hard to ADs.

A lot of people send him down there early so he can get a head start in the snowballing.

naotasan

08-28-2012

Because nobody has linked it yet, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2152948

NavyGothic

08-28-2012

Quote:
SpiderParadox:
He's a good counter to AP bots.

Situational though since he folds hard to ADs.

A lot of people send him down there early so he can get a head start in the snowballing.

o.O

Okay, for starters, he's probably the weakest champion in the game pre-6. If you send Kass bot against any half-decent laner, AP or otherwise, you're saying "Hey! Hey! Take my point!" for the first few minutes of the game.

Once he has his ultimate, he can do fairly decently... until he runs out of mana. Hope you've killed the enemy laner before you have to go back, otherwise "Hey! Hey! Take my point!".

Secondly, Kassadin isn't really a snowball champion on Dom. If you commit to a 1v1 fight against a good bruiser, you're probably going to die. Kass is a monster thanks to his insane mobility; you win by forcing uneven fights all over the map and being uncatchable, not by being a 1v1 hero.