Awesome Guide for ELO improvement!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anarchius

10-06-2012

bump

Anarchius

10-07-2012

bump

Anarchius

10-10-2012

bump

Anarchius

10-11-2012

bump

Anarchius

10-12-2012

bump

Anarchius

10-13-2012

bump

MadManDu

10-13-2012

bump

Anarchius

10-13-2012

bump

Psyctooth

10-14-2012

A lot of people talk about the "meta" like it's some holy book to how to play the game and it's how you should play the game when they have no clue what meta even means. The meta is "forced" onto the game as a result of the compounded nature of how the current game balance results in how people play the game based on statistical stratagems and tactics implied by players assuming they have similar or the same skill level relatively compared to team dynamic play. It's my opinion that counter-picking is not as much as important as correct team dynamical design, as in you either good with each other or you fill required "roles" which extend beyond that of just "derp tank, derp adc, derp this and that."

No, that is filling roles which can win fights in engagements in mid and late game, such as crowd controls, buffing and stacking conditions, pokes, combo ults and the like.

Also there are two easy ways to avoid trolls and people who disrupt games. Anyone who is bad just picks a champion they like which doesn't "hard fit" a role. Hard Fitters are champs which are among the best of what they do (Such as Jayce or Darius Top or Ezreal or Graves ADC) and can, with a good team, with a skilled player behind it survive and do ok even against their counters during the lane phase. Instead they will pick a "I guess it does that job" champion, which tells me they are either trolling or don't know how to play or don't have that champion unlocked yet.

Anyone who is forced into a role they don't know how to do correctly or are not used to playing even if they are not a troll or a feeder or a bad player in general will result the game in a loss most of the time. And most games I have lost was because of this. In ranked during the champion selection everyone must be clear as to their roles, make sure they have enough "hard fit" champs unlocked to fill those roles and to have practiced playing those roles. I found that masteries are important to coming out on top during laning phase, runes not so much. Runes seem to hold more importance if you branch out from the standard bread and butter AD and AP rune pages when a match truely comes down to players of equal skill level which you don't see until after the 1600 elo range.

Obvious trolls, feeders etc also pick "soft role" champs as well... one of the most common I've encountered is a kid saying "I'm ADC" or "I'm mid!" then picking a Teemo then locking right away.

Also when you get first pick in draft don't pick someone because you like playing them because the other team is going to counter pick you. Counter picking has absolutely no impact on team fights if both teams subsequently continue to counter pick each other down the selections or have a balanced team set up, it has everything to do with the lane phase. That's why champion trading exists, it does so so the team which picks first can influence the counter pick to their advantage, this is best used for bottom or for top/jungle or mid/jungle swapping. Also while doing so you should not pick a champion which is hard countered by a champion which doesn't have a counter which your champion works well with, this is mostly important for bottom lane rather than top, jungle or mid.

Example: you first pick, you pick a champ who can both mid and top lane, as to confuse your opponents as to which lane you will go, say a Swain. naturally their response would be to pick Fizz, as he is the ace of all Swain counters, regardless of what people say about him, he does so simply due to his abilities alone, regardless of their current balance in terms of damage etc etc and the fact Fizz has no counters which work well with Swain.

Which makes Swain a poor choice to go as first pick.

Example" you first pick Jayce who is a strong top champion and hard to counter even with their so called counters. The usual response to this would be an Irelia. Which then can be countered by your jungle who can gank top until the end of lane phase, a good jungle counter would be Lee Sin who can distract enemies while you range, or in turn can kite them when he gets low and you can pursue and shut them down.

I am by no means a good player, nor do I think I play well by any extent, but from my experience this defines the game on the most basic level. Which means it should be obvious to people who know how to play when to dodge and when not to dodge to avoid players who will loose them the game. If both teams are solid, then it comes down to how good you or your team mates are.

Anarchius

10-14-2012

bump