Late August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

icyfroggy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

(/O.O)/ NERFS EVERYWHERE *and some buff*

inked77

08-30-2012

lol @ nerfing everyone and buffing kat.

SolarizeSunSpot

08-30-2012

Its nice to see kat as dangerous as Xin in team fights now but with more flexibility positionally. Watching the first 2 minutes of the patch preview I had to pause to thank god that diana was nerfed a bit. *waggs a condenscending finger at power mooching trollers >.>
A little beefed about Gragas but understandable...at the moment.
Thankful for a break given on Eve, she def needed it.
Corki seen it coming,
And just love Rengar, dont have him yet but just cant resist <3ing the thing to bits. Really nice to see a bit of work on him.
Not much more that a curious scratch on the head to how the rest of the fixs will affect the whole of 5v5, but am definitely satified with how effective the response is coming back from Riot.
Thankyo

Captain Fapulous

08-30-2012

Did you change Sad Robot Amumu's sound effect ?

Vertchewal

08-30-2012

I responded to each of the suggestions, WITHIN THE QUOTE, because honestly I think they are a cry out against things that are not that significant. Some being plain stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander756 View Post
Here a list of suggested changes for the next patch:

Darius: Remove his refreshed cooldown upon a kill.

- It already got nerfed, it no longer refreshes after he uses it when his passive kills someone off, removing it would make him like a crappy Garen.

Fizz: Allow him to be hit with autoattacks while in mid jump (just like Tristana is).

- How often are you getting dunked on by a Fizz, really? A well timed E jump can secure a duel with a overfed bruiser or ad carry. And it's nothing like Tristana, her W jump has way more range, if you can't escape because you get auto'd once or twice more, shame on you.

Katarina: Make her ult hit nearest two champions, not three. Remove the reduced healing effect and place that back on one of her other abilities.

- Honestly I do not play Katarina, but since the remake I don't find myself really dreading facing her, so this seems needless.

Morgana: I feel the snare duration needs to be reduced slightly in early game. For example: 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 instead of the current 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3

- Might as well make every other snare a skill shot or remove hers as one, if you're going to debuff what it has going for it.

Blitzcrank: Remove his ability to grab people through solid walls.

- This is a dead retarded suggestion, need I say more?

Tryndamere: He can use Spinning Slash to go through walls on Crystal Scar. Fix that.

- Who even plays Dominion that often?

Rengar: Put a slight delay on his stealthing, just like the slight delay on Twitches
stealthing.

- Rengar is fine.

Lux: Increase the CD on her ultimate. It's too powerful and goes too far to have a 40 second cool down. At least bump it up to what Caitlyn's similar ult is (60 seconds).

- I don't see a lot of Lux's dominating despite the cooldown, range, or power of her ult. Yet you go even further as to compare to Caitlyn's ult? LOL Too bad Caitlyn's isn't straight line AoE with the same 3000 range at all 3 levels, heck let's remove the fact it can be blocked by an enemy champion too.

Nunu: Ice blast shouldn't be a homing missile. That is too easy to hit for such a powerful spell. Make it non-targeted.

- So if you miss you're completely useless afterwards? There goes Nunu jungle viability, no to mention now it can just be dodged when you're trying to save you ad carry from a gank or just an aggressive move in lane by the enemy. So there goes his support viability as well. Result: Nunu never gets played anymore.

Amumu: Reduce the range of Bandage Toss. 1,100 is just too far. That's even farther than Blitzcrank's insane grab! Also compare it to Leona's very similar ability, Zenith Blade which only has a range of 700. Bandage toss also has double the duration of stun (1 second compared to Zenith Blade's 0.5 seconds) and even does more damage! Why is this strictly better? Nerf it.

- Amumu already got nerfed and the range is just right, you obviously don't play Amumu if you are seeking a nerf LOL. He is my main jungler, and his range on Q is perfect, any shorter would prevent some well laid tosses, any longer and it makes it overpowered. It also has a smaller width than both other skills you mentioned. Leona combos harder with her stun than Amumu does.

Cassopeia: Removing her cooldowns when she hits poisoned enemies is insane. At least make it so the cooldowns are reduced by a certain percentage, not removed completely.

- Again, a champion I don't play but do not get dominated by.

Fiora: I think Fiora should remain vulnerable to autoattacks during her ultimate, but not targetable by abilities.

- So now instead of being able to trade with an ad carry or bruiser she loses every duel?Awesome. NOT. But I will say her ult needs a nerf, less targets.

Ezreal: Arcane Shift should require a target ally or enemy, not just a target location. He basically gets infinite flashes and that is just silly.

- Because none of the other ad carries have escape abilities that are similar right? Wrong.

Miss Fortune: I'd like to see the damage of Make it Rain increased slightly. Aside from using it to slightly slow enemies, it is pretty much a useless ability. Early game, it consumes too much mana. Late game, it doesn't do enough damage. It also has a casting delay and leaves MF vulnerable for a second making it not worth casting in its current
state.

- Why would you be spamming Make it Rain anyway? It's a utility not a damage dealer. I mean **** give Graves W a damage buff too then. If you are so close to someone you feel vulnerable, don't use it. It's casting range allows you to be at a safe distance.

Miss Fortune: Strut needs to be changed so that it doesn't start off with +25 and slowly creep up to +70. It should just be +70 flat. It is very weak compared to other passives because when she is in combat, she basically has no passive. This means it has to be much more powerful out of combat to make up for it.

- Once again, dead wrong. She has a 370 move speed in lane without receiving any damage. If you harass correctly without being hit you can maximize it's potential. Farming at a more dangerous range from allies and turrets is also a plus. With the extra move speed you can quickly escape without being engaged by enemies.

Graves: Smokescreen needs to be buffed because it is kind of useless right now. The reduced vision takes a second to fully effect a champion. Make it instant.

- Kind of useless? Learn to use it.

Graves: Raise his base attack speed back up. What are you even talking about with this last patch? Graves' biggest weakness right now is that he is already slow both in movement and attack speed. Making him worse in that doesn't make sense.

- This is something I agree with, I don't know why they did this it is already a weakness.

Twitch: Twitch needs help with some damage output. I don't find his ult very impressive. +36 bonus damage per attack for 7 seconds? That means his attack speed would have to be 2 attacks per second to deal 500 damage not considering armor. Also why is the cooldown so long? 100 seconds? Compare this to Lux's ultimate which does 500 +0.75 per point of ability power in damage (even more if they are illuminated) and has a 40 second cool down. Increase the bonus damage on Twitch's ult.

- So I guess you missed the part where his ult has increased range and can hit multiple targets eh? Also, I am sure this ult applies crit, 36 damage is a lot on top of an ad carry with a decent build, no matter what level.

Karma: I haven't played her much or seen her much. The fact she is never played signifies she's bad. Buff her?

- Your reason for wanting a buff on her is wrong, but she does need one.

Revive Summoner Ability: Reduce the cooldown on this. 9 minutes? Really? It's so long that nobody wants to use it! It's a powerful ability but let's not forget you have to die for it to do anything. It wouldn't hurt to shave a minute off it.

- Once again you refuse to see something as a utility. How often do you plan on dying anyway? And it only belongs on specific champs, whether they prefer to use it or not. For example, with Shen, let's say there was a team fight, it didn't go as planned, your ult is up, you get caught and die (you're not using your ult during the fight to save someone anyway that is pointless), you're dead, you are now able to buy something quickly if you were looking to back anyway, you hit Revive which not only revives but grants Health, on SHEN who benefits from all the health he can get, so now you ult back into the fight hopefully making it a complete 360. "Revive on Shen Op"

Flash Summoner Ability: Increase the cooldown on this to a flat 5 minutes (300 seconds from 265 seconds). It's too prevalent.

- Got a range nerf, it's fine now.

Vizard Vegeta

08-30-2012

Yes! Teemo is getting fized...again..for like the thrid time O.o
Riot why you having so much trouble with his passive?

extraiger

08-30-2012

un yo nunca e dicho este pero no se pero lo ciento como un bug por que el jax cuando esquiva también esquiva daño mágico lo e paliando en contra de recnetor y la nube de arena no le hace daño mienta esquiva y también el nasus

Dayne McNasty

08-30-2012

Quote:

PvP.net 1.66
  • You can now disable notifications by using the new “Notification Suppression” feature in the Options menu
Cool.

Quote:
League of Legends v1.0.0.146
Akali
  • Mark of the Assassin
    • Fixed: Now correctly grants the Energy return when the target is killed by the magic damage from her passive
This is good. It should allow for safer farming against ranged mid's by being able to keep your energy up for returning harass.

Quote:
Alistar
  • General
    • Base Movement Speed reduced to 300 from 305
  • Headbutt
    • Cast range reduced to 600 from 650
I don't quite see why Alistar needs nerfing. I've been playing League for a long time and I've only recently noticed him reach pick or ban status over the last couple of months. He is a slow jungler compared to other top tier junglers, which is made up for with better ganking potential. If anything needs to be nerfed it's his ultimate. (y)

Quote:
Corki
  • Hextech Shrapnel Shells
    • No longer benefits from critical strikes
  • Valkyrie
    • Cooldown increased to 26/23/20/17/14 seconds from 20/18/16/14/12
  • Missile Barrage
    • Charge time for missiles increased to 12 seconds from 10
Removed crits from his passive? not cool.
Valkyrie doesn't need 2 seconds more to cooldown but a shortened range.

Quote:
Diana
  • General
    • Base Health Regen reduced to 7 from 10
    • Updated model and splash art for Dark Valkyrie Diana
  • Crescent Strike
    • Damage reduced to 70/110/150/190/230 from 80/125/170/215/260
    • Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 0.8
  • Pale Cascade
    • Damage per orb reduced to 20/34/48/62/76 from 20/36/52/68/84
  • Lunar Rush
    • Cooldown increased to 25/20/15 seconds from 20/16/12
Diana gets super nerfed, and topped off with a terribly skin update. the Crescent Strike nerf is decent because playing Diana myself I find myself, after completing ROA, spamming Q for extremely easy harass and really good damage around level 10-13.. waiting for the time where my opponent sticks around a bit too long and I can finish the kill. With her shield nerf, I think this was bad and most people will agree. Her shield should have been increased if the damage gets nerfed, because it lessens the effectiveness of the skill as a whole. Honestly when maxed the shield blocks perhaps 50% of a decently farmed AD carries basic attack. The cooldown on her ultimate won't affect much because most if not all diana players just dont use it unless they are sure they won't need it again, or if they have their Q proc'd. But whatever.

Quote:
Evelynn
  • Shadow Walk
    • Detection radius reduced to 700 from 750
  • Hate Spike
    • Mana cost reduced to 14/18/22/26/30 from 19/23/27/31/35
  • Dark Frenzy
    • While active, Evelynn now ignores unit collision
    • Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds from 20
  • Ravage
    • Cast range increased to 225 from 185
  • Agony's Embrace
    • Cooldown reduced to 120/90/60 seconds from 120/100/80
I've seen people snowball so hard with evelynn off of only 1 kill, and i've seen people feed super hard with her. Pretty sure thats more associated with player skill than it is with her kit/stats. But this doesn't seem to be that big of a buff, so it'll be good I suppose.

Quote:
Ezreal
  • Mystic Shot
    • Mana cost reduced to 28/31/34/37/40 from 30/35/40/45/50
  • Essence Flux
    • Damage reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 from 80/130/180/230/280
    • Ability Power ratio increased to 0.8 from 0.7
    • Width reduced to 80 from 120
Honestly, Harassing with Q spam is incredibly easy with Ezreal.. and you guys are making it easier. He's one of the most picked AD carries as is because of the ridiculous slow on Essence Flux that allows him to almost always successfully 1v1 an enemy AD carry.

Quote:
Gragas
  • Body Slam
    • Charge speed reduced to 900 from 1050
    • Mana cost increased to 75 from 50
  • Explosive Cask
    • Cooldown increased to 100/90/80 seconds from 90/75/60
The only thing I think is good about this Gragas nerf is the CD increase on his ultimate. When playing against him every time I turn around i'm being tossed across the screen by an exploding barrel of grape wine. Not too sure body slam needed nerfing.

Quote:
Graves
  • General
    • Base Attack Speed reduced to 0.625 from 0.638
  • Quickdraw
    • Attack Speed reduced to 30/40/50/60/70% from 40/50/60/70/80%
This doesn't change the fact that taking a Q to the face will leave you with 60% less HP than you had before it. but OK I guess.

Quote:
Jarvan IV
  • Demacian Standard
    • When targeting a location outside of Demacian Standard’s range, Demacian Standard will now be cast at its maximum range in the direction of the targeted location
Good.

Quote:
Karthus
  • Wall of Pain
    • No longer reduces Armor
    • Magic Resist reduction adjusted to 15% instead of flat 15/20/25/30/35
I don't play karthus, and I never even noticed his wall reduced armor. The MR nerf seems drastic, though.

Quote:
Katarina
  • Voracity
    • Cooldown reduction on kill or assist increased to 15 seconds from 10 seconds
  • Bouncing Blade
    • Base damage increased to 60/95/130/165/200 from 50/85/120/155/190
    • Ability Power Ratio decreased to 0.45 from 0.5
    • Mark detonation Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.15 from 0.2
  • Sinister Steel
    • Ability Power Ratio decreased to 0.25 from 0.3
  • Shunpo
    • Damage increased to 60/85/110/135/160 from 40/70/100/130/160
    • Cooldown reduced to 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 from 14/12/10/8/6
    • Fixed: Tooltip now states the correct Damage Reduction amount (15%, not 20%)
Not sure about this, will have to wait to experience it first hand.

Quote:
Mordekaiser
  • Increased the size of his model
Cool. Malphite, Nasus, Trundle, and Yorick could use some size increases as well, imo.

Quote:
Nunu
  • Ice Blast
    • Slow duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4
Good. as mentioned before, now he can't infinitely slow you because as soon as the slow debuff ends he can shoot another snowball at you.

Quote:
Rengar
  • Unseen Predator
    • Now leaps directly on top of the target instead of slightly behind them
  • Bola Strike
    • Fixed: Bola Strike will no longer fail to cast
I'm glad Bola strike will no longer fail, but what about casting W sometimes causing you to stop auto attacking?

Quote:
Shen
  • Shadow Dash
    • Cooldown increased to 16/14/12/10/8 seconds from 10/9.5/9/8.5/8
Not even necessary. I don't even see many shens played even if he isn't banned, and when I do if the person doesn't have good map awareness he usually doesn't do that well. People are just crying about the global ultimate..

Quote:
Teemo
  • Toxic Shot
    • Fixed: Poison damage now works correctly at higher Attack Speeds

I noticed this just yesterday, glad it is finally fixed.

Quote:
Twitch
  • Expunge
    • Base damage increased to 40/50/60/70/80 from 20/35/50/65/80
    • Mana cost reduced to 50/60/70/80/90 from 70/75/80/85/90
  • Spray and Pray
    • Reduced cast frame to make his attacks more responsive
Meh, keep at it.

Quote:
Warwick
  • Fixed: Warwick's passive now has a buff icon, and will work properly on consecutive hits
I've always hated warwick. Run out of the brush and hit R. 100% successful ganks without QSS. God forbid he get me below 50% hp, then he has 9000% movement speed so good luck escaping him. No skill required. He would most definitely be on the cover of Jungling for Dummies, if it existed.

Quote:
Items
  • Abyssal Scepter
    • Aura range reduced to 600 from 1000
  • The following items will now display a targeting indicator to show whether you are placing a ward inside of a bush: Wriggle's Lantern, Vision Ward, and Sight Ward
  • The following items will now display their cooldown on the item itself, rather than with a buff: Maw of Malmortius, Hexdrinker, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, Sheen, Lichbane, Trinity Force, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, and Manamune
  • Fixed: Wards no longer list that they have 20 Attack Damage
I don't quite understand nerfing the range of AS, if someone could explain it to me, as in how it is going to affect certain champions for example Ahri, or TF, or Diana.

Lord Dormammu

08-30-2012

Why the buffs for twitch?

thegrenlock2001

08-30-2012

I fcking knew it they were gona nerf gragas the moment i saw him on tournaments.I bought him 1 week ago and i love him but now he isnt good as he was! :/