Why dont people play malzahar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumbardy

08-28-2012

Im a lvl 22 and i rarely see malzahar played. Hes barely seen in pro matched these days and most of the guides ive seen kinda discourage buying him. But i recently bought him and found that his really fun to play and not even that bad. When i wasnt lagging i had pretty decent games.

Beta010

08-28-2012

There are just much better options out there

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

He's a fine pick, but realize this:

He has a higher skill cap
He costs a lot of IP
People at your summoner level wouldn't be experienced enough or have enough IP to invest in a champ like him when there are more 'core' or easier to use champions available. He's used in upper level play when appropriate, but he's a slightly more niche mid champ than many other choices.

yamers

08-28-2012

I played an massive amt of malzahar for season 1.

250 games total and he was the character that got me to 1800 for the 1st season. (mainly due to luck)

i think malzahar is still a fine pick but I haven't been able to do good with him for season 2. I think it's just the fact that there are better choices for your ap mid.

The Null Revolt

08-28-2012

Because of quick silver sash...

Skilltestingman

08-28-2012

His harrass and poke are wonderful, but he doesn't quite have the burst most ap champs have. He has a silence which is goos, but its a moderate skill shot to land. And you have to do your combo correctly to maximize damage (well actually just land everything then press r). Also the fact that his Ult can be cancelled by certain cc or by misclicking.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great champ, especially at your level and if you can master him you can be a terror

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

I get a lot of ques with Malz. A lot of them are bad, but the good ones really shine.

cookehz

08-28-2012

Basically, if you ask me, there are a couple reasons. I play Malzahar a fair amount (moreso in normals than ranked) and imo:
1) His Q (aka his silence) is easily dodged
2) He's easily countered (particularly by things like Cleanse, GP's oranges, and QSS)
3) His full combo isn't really as faceroll as say a pubstomping LeBlanc.

slimjimo10

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
He's a fine pick, but realize this:

People at your summoner level wouldn't be experienced enough or have enough IP to invest in a champ like him when there are more 'core' or easier to use champions available. He's used in upper level play when appropriate, but he's a slightly more niche mid champ than many other choices.
He was my first champion I ever played and the second I bought and did fairly well with him o.o

FiteMeRiteNow

08-28-2012

honestly, after buying qss malzahar becomes close to useless. Yes his vision still does decent damage but other than that the other 2 skills are unreliable.